ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to ILR with new employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sstahi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Switching to ILR with new employer

Post by sstahi » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:25 pm

I want to leave my current employer and apply for ILR with another employer. This is because the other employer is willing to pay for ILR fees for myself and my family. I am on skilled worker visa.
Can you please answer the following:

1. Does the prospective new employer first need to issue me a new Certificate of Sponsorship and then i apply for ILR? (i have visa valid till May 2024, but visa of my family expires in 1 month).

2. For ILR, one of the documents is a letter from the employer confirming that they still require the applicant to work for them for the foreseeable future.
From whom i should ask for this letter; current or new employer?

3. Is it possible, at all, to switch jobs in this way for applying ILR?

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Switching to ILR with new employer

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 am

sstahi wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:25 pm
I want to leave my current employer and apply for ILR with another employer. This is because the other employer is willing to pay for ILR fees for myself and my family. I am on skilled worker visa.
Can you please answer the following:

1. Does the prospective new employer first need to issue me a new Certificate of Sponsorship and then i apply for ILR? (i have visa valid till May 2024, but visa of my family expires in 1 month). Yes, on SWV CoS required first.

2. For ILR, one of the documents is a letter from the employer confirming that they still require the applicant to work for them for the foreseeable future.
From whom i should ask for this letter; current or new employer? The employer you are with At time of application.

3. Is it possible, at all, to switch jobs in this way for applying ILR?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:22 am

You need to switch to a new skilled worker visa first, pay the visa and ihs fees, wait at least one month, before you can then apply for ilr so you have a payslip and matching bank statement, before you can apply for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sstahi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sstahi » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:51 am

Thanks for the reply @CR001.