ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa extension IHS cost

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helannivas
Newly Registered
India

Dependent visa extension IHS cost

Post by helannivas » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:30 pm

Hi,

I’m switching from Tier 2 ICT to skilled worker Visa .
Me and my wife have Visa end date till 23 Dec. I have applied for new Visa with my new Cos.

When I applied for my wife to extend dependent visa , her IHS surcharge cost more than £624. Her surcharge calculates from the day when we are applying for her Visa . But her IHs is valid till 23rd Dec. it’s needs to be calculated from my new Cos date.

I don’t see any option in the dependent extension visa application to mention the start date of IHS.do we have anyway to address this ? Please let me know.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent visa extension IHS cost

Post by manci » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:04 pm

helannivas wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:30 pm
When I applied for my wife to extend dependent visa , her IHS surcharge cost more than £624. Her surcharge calculates from the day when we are applying for her Visa . But her IHs is valid till 23rd Dec. it’s needs to be calculated from my new Cos date.
If a refund is due you'll get it automatically.

You could have avoided this situation by waiting with your wife's extension application until just before her visa expires in Dec.

helannivas
Newly Registered
India

Post by helannivas » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:52 pm

In UK Gov website, it was mentioned that any overlapping and that too greater than 6 months are refunded (not less than 6 months :cry: )

Terra784
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Terra784 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:59 pm

Hi
You will get refund if you will be eligible for this
As I got £10 from UKVI for my wife IHS :D