ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics problem at UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Filled up my name myself in referee form before it was checked by referee and signed. Will this create a problem?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 26, 2023 9:31 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:10 pm
Thank you.

Date of application: Should I put the dates on which the applications were posted to the Home Office? All my previous applications were by post.
You may do so.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Re: Filled up my name myself in referee form before it was checked by referee and signed. Will this create a problem?

Post by Art87ee » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:26 pm

If I submit the documents on the biometrics website, will I still have the opportunity to add further documents at the biometric appointment? I don't intend to but just want to understand how this works.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:44 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:26 pm
If I submit the documents on the biometrics website, will I still have the opportunity to add further documents at the biometric appointment? I don't intend to but just want to understand how this works.
If you submit the documents yourself you will have to ask at your UKVCAS appointment if you wish an additional document to be loaded. You have time up to 48 hrs before your appointment to load documents yourself.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:23 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:44 pm
Art87ee wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:26 pm
If you submit the documents yourself you will have to ask at your UKVCAS appointment if you wish an additional document to be loaded. You have time up to 48 hrs before your appointment to load documents yourself.
Do I have to submit 48 or more hours before the appointment or do I have to upload 48 or more hours before the appointment?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:20 pm

You can upload up to 48 hrs before appointment. If you don’t submit it will be submitted at your appointment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:37 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:20 pm
You can upload up to 48 hrs before appointment. If you don’t submit it will be submitted at your appointment.
Thanks so much for your help.
I think I've covered everything but if I need to send any other documents after the appointment, do I have you send by post?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:49 pm

Not sure why you would need to send further documents later - the naturalisation application requires a minimum of documents.
Do you have specific concerns? Note that naturalisation is separate from immigration and if you satisfy the requirements there shouldn't be any need for additional information. Of course, caseworkers can and sometimes do ask for additional information. In this case they would normally communicate by email and you can reply via email. Document originals are not normally required.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:49 pm
Not sure why you would need to send further documents later - the naturalisation application requires a minimum of documents.
Do you have specific concerns? Note that naturalisation is separate from immigration and if you satisfy the requirements there shouldn't be any need for additional information. Of course, caseworkers can and sometimes do ask for additional information. In this case they would normally communicate by email and you can reply via email. Document originals are not normally required.
Thanks again
Just wondered if there's any way to do that just in case.

Where does the proof of English language go? Is it under educational?

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:48 pm

I submitted the documents but never received any confirmation.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:03 am

Should I call them to ask?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:15 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:03 am
Ask at your appointment - not sure you actually get an ack wen you submit your documents.
UKVCAS press the final button to submit everything to UKVI.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:54 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:15 pm
Art87ee wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:03 am
Ask at your appointment - not sure you actually get an ack wen you submit your documents.
UKVCAS press the final button to submit everything to UKVI.
Do I need to take a print out of the QR code or is it ok to take it on my phone?
Thanks again.

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Biometrics problem at UKVCAS

Post by Art87ee » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:39 am

I had my biometrics taken but they said they were having some issue with my photo and fingerprints, so they made me redo the biometrics not once but twice.

Now there's a message saying "We'll contact you if you need to have your biometrics taken again" on my UKVCAS account. Does this mean that there's again a problem or is this a standard message?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Biometrics problem at UKVCAS

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:44 am

Art87ee wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:39 am
I had my biometrics taken but they said they were having some issue with my photo and fingerprints, so they made me redo the biometrics not once but twice.

Now there's a message saying "We'll contact you if you need to have your biometrics taken again" on my UKVCAS account. Does this mean that there's again a problem or is this a standard message?

Art87ee
United Kingdom

Post by Art87ee » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:11 pm

Are the checks significantly more extensive for naturalisation than for ILR?

Seeing several people who have received exceptionally complex application emails.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:52 pm

Art87ee wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:11 pm
Are the checks significantly more extensive for naturalisation than for ILR?
We don’t know how extensive checks for either applications are, suffice to say the ILR is immigration and Naturalization is nationality which has a different framework under the law. Not comparable.
Seeing several people who have received exceptionally complex application emails. No one is ever told what these complex issues are. It looks like they are late with the application.