ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications can now be made online

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo99
Ireland

Citizenship Applications can now be made online

Post by Leo99 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:26 pm

RCCar
Belarus

Re: Citizenship Applications can now be made online

Post by RCCar » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:33 pm

Ok, interesting - I almost done applications for my kids (Form 9) waiting my cert, do you think online applications will be processed faster than paper ones?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:41 pm

There's no online application for minors yet (and they only mention form 11 in the works).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:00 pm

RCCar wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:33 pm
Ok, interesting - I almost done applications for my kids (Form 9) waiting my cert, do you think online applications will be processed faster than paper ones?
No-one will know yet, but if I had to bet I’d say yes. Either yes faster for all online over paper, or at least yes for the random selection they put through an express trial. We’re recommending everyone who has an online form version uses it.

It also seems, so far, to be that online applications get faster online confirmation/acknowledgement even if actual processing isn’t faster in total. We’ve had acknowledgements back in hours, not days/months/weeks for submissions made today.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:16 am

damn I have everything ready to send by form tomorrow! Do you think it worth to use electronic form or send by post?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:24 am

Submit it online. Since the service is live now so make use of it. You know how long it takes to process paper based applications.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:34 am

How to pay? Via website? I already have bank drafts... Can I still use them online?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:40 am

Most likely via website, but once again, I'm not sure if there's a possibility to send a form 9 - only form 8 is available for certain.

Re bank drafts - I'm not sure if the money is taken unless the bank draft is used.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:50 am

form 9 is available - I checked

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:50 am

What you recommend to do meself2?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:54 am

RCCar wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:50 am
What you recommend to do meself2?
If it's up - go for online.
They encourage you to do online applications; you won't lose anything and have a paper copy of data at home.
I would not think any money is taken from you for a bank draft (except possibly 1-2 euro for writing it down) unless it's cashed, but you can check with your bank - it shouldn't be a concern.

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:15 am

Do it online. Paper always willbe slow and make things harder for citizenship division.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:11 am

Children application form 9 says
Original (not photocopies of) school letters from each school attended by your child for three years. The school letters must show enrolment dates, periods of attendance and the number of days attended in each school year.

If your child has attended school for less than three years the following documents are acceptable
A letter from the Creche/Playschool or Montessori can also be provided showing enrolment dates and periods of attendance
A letter from the Department of Social Protection stating that you are receipt of child benefit for your child, and the date on which payment commenced
A letter from your doctor stating that your child is registered with the practice, the date your child was first registered and the dates your child attended the surgery, including your child’s Patient Immunisation Record where applicable
It means if I have no school letter, I need 1 of 3? Letter from Creche, Letter from the Department of Social Protection or a letter from your doctor?
Or I need all 3?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:41 am

RCCar wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:11 am
Children application form 9 says
Original (not photocopies of) school letters from each school attended by your child for three years. The school letters must show enrolment dates, periods of attendance and the number of days attended in each school year.

If your child has attended school for less than three years the following documents are acceptable
A letter from the Creche/Playschool or Montessori can also be provided showing enrolment dates and periods of attendance
A letter from the Department of Social Protection stating that you are receipt of child benefit for your child, and the date on which payment commenced
A letter from your doctor stating that your child is registered with the practice, the date your child was first registered and the dates your child attended the surgery, including your child’s Patient Immunisation Record where applicable
It means if I have no school letter, I need 1 of 3? Letter from Creche, Letter from the Department of Social Protection or a letter from your doctor?
Or I need all 3?
You’ll need letters that cover that three years. If your child registered with doctor early in year 1 and has attendance each year over three years, that will be sufficient. If your doctor letter only covers years 2 and 3 you’ll need eg crèche letter showing year 1 attendance at crèche and submit that with doctor’s letter.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:12 pm

It also seems, so far, to be that online applications get faster online confirmation/acknowledgement even if actual processing isn’t faster in total. We’ve had acknowledgements back in hours, not days/months/weeks for submissions made today.
Vardar - you applied online after few hours they announced it, how it possible so quick? Did you prepare paper documents or you already new they will go online? Also what form you submitted - form 8?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:26 pm

RCCar wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:12 pm
Vardar - you applied online after few hours they announced it, how it possible so quick? Did you prepare paper documents or you already new they will go online? Also what form you submitted - form 8?
I didn’t apply. I volunteer in a centre that supports immigrants and we help people apply. We support a lot of applications, so we’re pretty efficient and we keep an extremely close eye on the process, process changes and data generated by applications we support. We intentionally submitted applications on Tuesday to explore and monitor the new process. I wouldn’t share which forms we’ve helped people with until enough members of the public have submitted to ensure nothing is identifiable.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:38 pm

Vardar, that's super interesting! I can apply my kids for Form 9 today but also want to get Creche letter (I can get it Friday), do you think it will be better apply today without Creche letter or Friday with it? (I have letters from Dep Protection and GP covering all 3 years, so)

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:08 pm

RCCar wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:38 pm
Vardar, that's super interesting! I can apply my kids for Form 9 today but also want to get Creche letter (I can get it Friday), do you think it will be better apply today without Creche letter or Friday with it? (I have letters from Dep Protection and GP covering all 3 years, so)
As long as you have documents clearly evidencing 3 years you are good to go and personally, I’d submit. Additional docs for children covering years already evidenced aren’t going to speed up your application. However, super useful to have in your back pocket- because we don’t know how the dept will use their tab for requesting additional documents. As an un-evidenced guess, I’d say they don’t know yet either, and will see what arrives via digital format. If they are generally getting poor quality digital images (if applicants struggle with the image-PDF-merge-compress-attach routine) they may ask for alternate docs.
Docs.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:09 am

Applied for my kids, Seems the number at the end showing the number of people applied using online forms - about 200 for 5 days, yeah, a lot of