ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by sairsint » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:54 am

ILLL wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:16 am
Anyone who submitted the application in the second half of 2022 still hasn’t received the NVB link?
I’m still waiting from the 22 May invitation. :roll:

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:37 am

sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:54 am
ILLL wrote:
Anyone who submitted the application in the second half of 2022 still hasn’t received the NVB link?
Was the TD ever successful getting a response to the inquiry concerning the possibility of skipping the ceremony in order to accelerate the process? :?:

I sincerely hope that you get it soon and be among the applicants n the upcoming ceremony. My vetting was completed almost two months ago next week, but I still haven't received the letter. Considering the updates to the 2022 topic, it baffles me that applicants who submitted their applications in November of last year have already received it, when I submitted mine in February:| Unreal. :?

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:05 am

User20123 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:37 am
sairsint wrote:
ILLL wrote:
Was the TD ever successful getting a response to the inquiry concerning the possibility of skipping the ceremony in order to accelerate the process? :?:

I sincerely hope that you get it soon and be among the applicants n the upcoming ceremony. My vetting was completed almost two months ago next week, but I still haven't received the letter. Considering the updates to the 2022 topic, it baffles me that applicants who submitted their applications in November of last year have already received it, when I submitted mine in February:| Unreal. :?
I've been watching for that question/answer but it's not up on the Dail website yet. It will probably take a week or two and they also said they'd send over the response when it came back from the MoJ. Just like the other responses the MoJ provides, I assume it will not be very clear and say something to effect: "We are reviewing the new legislation and will update our processes accordingly in the coming months." At least it's out there for the public to see and can be asked over and over again when nothing changes.

I very much appreciate that but I honestly have zero hope of getting into the December ceremony as I've not even started the evetting yet. Further, they have several thousand approved already and we know these ceremonies only clear 3,000-4,000 applications at a time. At a push I would say it will be March assuming they continue the same timeline trend as 2023 (and continue to enforce these ceremonies).

I've been watching the 2022 timeline updates and it's a punch in the gut every time someone posts an approval letter update when they applied after I did. Especially as I haven't even received the evetting NVB link yet. I know every application is different but it still doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm also 6 weeks beyond my stamp 4 renewal application being sent in by registered post and neither me or my solicitor have not received a single acknowledgement from the INIS. All I can assume is there is no accountability at that department and / or they simply do not care how they affect an individual's personal situation when they can't send out a single piece of paper in the post with in a few weeks time.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:42 am

sairsint wrote:
All I can assume is there is no accountability at that department...
There should be a complaint procedure but I had a quick look at https://www.ombudsman.ie/ and followed the links to https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/201 ... ched-part2
This appears to state that the Department of Justice and Equality is excluded from the complaint process insofar as it relates to an action—
(i) taken in the administration of the law relating to immigration or naturalisation.

I think that, unfortunately, explains a lot.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:57 am

lxk wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:42 am
sairsint wrote:
All I can assume is there is no accountability at that department...
There should be a complaint procedure but I had a quick look at https://www.ombudsman.ie/ and followed the links to https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/201 ... ched-part2
This appears to state that the Department of Justice and Equality is excluded from the complaint process insofar as it relates to an action—
(i) taken in the administration of the law relating to immigration or naturalisation.

I think that, unfortunately, explains a lot.
It may be excluded because a judicial review process for delayed decisions is available. Those still waiting beyond the expected timeline given in their acknowledgement letter can start a JR - but they’ll need a solicitor. It isn’t available if you haven’t reached the estimates decision time.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:32 pm

sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:05 am
User20123 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
ILLL wrote:

I've been watching for that question/answer but it's not up on the Dail website yet. It will probably take a week or two and they also said they'd send over the response when it came back from the MoJ. Just like the other responses the MoJ provides, I assume it will not be very clear and say something to effect: "We are reviewing the new legislation and will update our processes accordingly in the coming months." At least it's out there for the public to see and can be asked over and over again when nothing changes.

I very much appreciate that but I honestly have zero hope of getting into the December ceremony as I've not even started the evetting yet. Further, they have several thousand approved already and we know these ceremonies only clear 3,000-4,000 applications at a time. At a push I would say it will be March assuming they continue the same timeline trend as 2023 (and continue to enforce these ceremonies).

I've been watching the 2022 timeline updates and it's a punch in the gut every time someone posts an approval letter update when they applied after I did. Especially as I haven't even received the evetting NVB link yet. I know every application is different but it still doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm also 6 weeks beyond my stamp 4 renewal application being sent in by registered post and neither me or my solicitor have not received a single acknowledgement from the INIS. All I can assume is there is no accountability at that department and / or they simply do not care how they affect an individual's personal situation when they can't send out a single piece of paper in the post with in a few weeks time.
This is completely disappointing and absurd, as they have neglected to address the applications in chronological order. Although I can relate to your frustration, it is slightly greater in magnitude than mine. It took me nearly a month to see the "disclosure viewed" status after receiving the NVB link 03 months after the email send to 13,000 applicants in May 22. Currently, I am at the mercy of an officer who possibly does not know how to selectively review applications.

I agree that certain applicants who provide updates in the 2022 discussion submitted their applications considerably later than both myself and you. Nevertheless, they have been granted approval and will be present at the forthcoming ceremony. It causes me concern regarding my own file as to why it is taking them so long to push me through, although I am delighted for them.

If I receive my letter by the end of this month, I am optimistic that I may be able to attend the upcoming ceremony; however, if I receive it next month, I will not have the opportunity to do so.

I am baffled as to why I applied via a solicitor in the first place, given that it did me absolutely no good in terms of escalation or receiving a response from this department; my solicitor has also been extremely slow in communicating.

I sincerely hope that the ceremonies associated with the backlog will be waived in order to expedite the candidates completion. They would have no chance of accomplishing that without waiving the ceremony, given that the backlog will continue to build up.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:01 pm

While a terrible situation all around, it's good to see that others are in a similar position. Without this forum many of us would be absolutely lost.

I partly agree on the solicitor part. I would say one benefit would be that they should ensure the application has been thoroughly reviewed and checked before being submitted which should avoid delays later in the process. Further, as you have already paid for their services, they are on the hook to deal with any issues when/if they arise versus you trying to find a solicitor after the fact.

I also agree about the ceremonies. I simply cannot understand how they will clear the backlog and keep up with the current influx of applications (~20,000 this year according to that debate) if they continue to be mandatory.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:04 pm

Since they've introduced online application process, I would expect their backlog to grow immensely, as it's way easier now.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dison22
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dison22 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:57 pm

Ragdoll wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:33 pm
dison22 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm
Ragdoll wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:34 pm
eiremigrant wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:42 pm
Sorry to hear Ragdoll, thanks for sharing though!
I would like to warn other people and ask them not to make the same mistake we did.
I want to wish to everyone good look
Did you hear anything after you resubmitted the form on ISD?. I haven’t hear anything after I resubmitted another form.
Unfortunately quiet. Nothing :(
Ok pls. Let me know when you hear from them.
Thanks, I even emailed them and they replied

( Dear Sir/Madam

We received your e-vetting application, once processed this office will be in touch.

Your patience on this matter is appreciated

Regards,

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 13

Ragdoll
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Ragdoll » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:48 pm

dison22 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:57 pm
Ragdoll wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:33 pm
dison22 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm
Ragdoll wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:34 pm
eiremigrant wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:42 pm
Sorry to hear Ragdoll, thanks for sharing though!
I will let you know as soon as I receive the message. I am also worried about this silence.
I wonder if we've been put at the end of the queue again and how many people have the same.
This is very frustrating because I don't know if I can visit my old mother at Christmas. I can't in other date due to my work.

I would like to warn other people and ask them not to make the same mistake we did.
I want to wish to everyone good look
Did you hear anything after you resubmitted the form on ISD?. I haven’t hear anything after I resubmitted another form.
Unfortunately quiet. Nothing :(
Ok pls. Let me know when you hear from them.
Thanks, I even emailed them and they replied

( Dear Sir/Madam

We received your e-vetting application, once processed this office will be in touch.

Your patience on this matter is appreciated

Regards,

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 13

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:17 pm

sairsint wrote:
ILLL wrote:
I'm with you, still waiting for the NVB link since 22 May 2022.

Ola2022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ola2022 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:25 am

Always check your spam folder, sometimes it gets delivered in spam/junk folder rather than the normal inbox

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:53 pm

ILLL wrote:
Is that the first email for evetting ? I applied on 08/22 havent heard anything other than the ack mail.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:00 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:53 pm
ILLL wrote:
Is that the first email for evetting ? I applied on 08/22 havent heard anything other than the ack mail.
woow. i received the invitation email literally 10 seconds after i posted the above message

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:12 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:00 pm
cnbyz wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:53 pm
ILLL wrote:
woow. i received the invitation email literally 10 seconds after i posted the above message
What’s your timeline please? And the link you just received is the ISD invite?

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:24 pm

Its the ISD form. I've applied back in August 22, got ack letter on January 2023 and only receiving the ISD form for evetting .

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:11 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:24 pm
Its the ISD form. I've applied back in August 22, got ack letter on January 2023 and only receiving the ISD form for evetting .
Similar timelines, received ISD invite 22 May. Nothing since then.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:03 pm

ILLL wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:11 pm
cnbyz wrote:
I applied in Feb 22 and nothing since then. I got a reply from the citizenship dept saying that my file continues to be processed even though my vetting has been completed and its been 2 months already.

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:44 pm

User20123 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:03 pm
I applied in Feb 22 and nothing since then. I got a reply from the citizenship dept saying that my file continues to be processed even though my vetting has been completed and its been 2 months already.
Its insane, I applied in december 2022 and got an invite for vetting on may 22nd 2023. nothing since.. they are clowning on us..

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:01 am

pyramid stone wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:59 am
Meed9687 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:40 am
pyramid stone wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 pm
My E-vetting progressed today 10/10/23 to Application process completed.
Apllied Nov. 2022 recieved invitation 22 May 2023.
Good Luck to everyone.
Does anyone know how long it takes from ‘Application process completed’ to ‘Disclosure Viewed’ on the NVB tracking web? Mine progressed to Application process completed since 03/10/2023, but disclosure isn’t viewed by ISD yet.
Matter of days to Disclosure viewed it should be soon enough.
I recieved email today updating my evetting status to Disclosure viewed, Update was showen by tracking online.
Good Luck to everyone.

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:37 am

User20123 wrote:
ILLL wrote:
cnbyz wrote:
I'm in a similar situation. Applied Sept 2022. e-vetting disclosed late August. No news since them. I know the process might take on average 19 months but it's frustrating not having any possibility to check the status.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:28 pm

Balea wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:37 am
User20123 wrote:
ILLL wrote:
cnbyz wrote:
I'm in a similar situation. Applied Sept 2022. e-vetting disclosed late August. No news since them. I know the process might take on average 19 months but it's frustrating not having any possibility to check the status.
I also applied in September 2022 and still waiting to start the evetting process and haven’t heard anything since last May when I received the invitation. I have resorted to having a TD make an inquiry to the DoJ as I’m tired of the lack of transparency for this entire process.

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:03 pm

sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:28 pm
Balea wrote:
User20123 wrote:
ILLL wrote:
cnbyz wrote:
I also applied in September 2022 and still waiting to start the evetting process and haven’t heard anything since last May when I received the invitation. I have resorted to having a TD make an inquiry to the DoJ as I’m tired of the lack of transparency for this entire process.
I can understand your frustration. I don't think that having a webpage where you can see status update could be so difficult to implement. Imagine that they send me a letter to pay the fees and it get lost. Shall I wait until the 19 months pass and star a judicial review? It doesn't make any sense to me... We will continue waiting and checking every morning for the letter to come but this is frustrating...

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:34 am

sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:05 am
User20123 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
ILLL wrote:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship

She never said anything as usual :|

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:52 am

Balea wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:03 pm
sairsint wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:28 pm
Balea wrote:
User20123 wrote:
ILLL wrote:
cnbyz wrote:
I can understand your frustration. I don't think that having a webpage where you can see status update could be so difficult to implement. Imagine that they send me a letter to pay the fees and it get lost. Shall I wait until the 19 months pass and star a judicial review? It doesn't make any sense to me... We will continue waiting and checking every morning for the letter to come but this is frustrating...
They have ceased responding to me through their help desk and also my solicitor after numerous letters sent on both my citizenship application and my stamp 4 renewal (which is a more immediate need). This is why I've gone the TD route with a hope to gain some answers.

I'm tired of them doing this in secret and not being transparent about the process and where I (and all of us) are in it. Meanwhile they continue to touting the efficiencies made to the process and repeat the same nonsense statements over and over again any time they are asked a difficult question about the backlog, delays, need for ceremonies, etc.

While I understand that gaining citizenship is a privilege, I am in fact paying a lot for it and have completed my part of the requirement, so it's not like they are doing me a favour. However, this is how they are treating me (and all of us) by continuing down this path.