ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Documents required for naturalisation

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:38 pm

Dear Experts , Hope you are well? Appreciate your advise. I have submitted my application for Naturalization as a British citizen and have managed to get an appointment booked in to submit biometrics and documents this weekend. Under supporting evidence, it is requested to submit proof of living in the UK for 5years if applying in your own right. Please can you help advise the type of documents that are accepted and does this need to be submitted for each of the 5 years. From my point of view I can submit any type of document but in terms of my spouse - she is a stay at home mum so doesn't have many documents under her name apart from a join bank statement with me. Thankyou

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Documents required for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:01 pm

Please don't just tag on to another member's thread ... Start your own thread unless you haven't one already - continue in this one!
Makes moderating and commenting on your issues much easier rather than having to look all over for your history.
tier2ictvisa2010 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:38 pm
Dear Experts , Hope you are well? Appreciate your advise. I have submitted my application for Naturalization as a British citizen and have managed to get an appointment booked in to submit biometrics and documents this weekend. Under supporting evidence, it is requested to submit proof of living in the UK for 5years if applying in your own right.Your passport(s) covering the residency period. Please can you help advise the type of documents that are accepted and does this need to be submitted for each of the 5 years.N/A From my point of view I can submit any type of document but in terms of my spouse - she is a stay at home mum so doesn't have many documents under her name apart from a join bank statement with me. Spouses's passport(s) onlyThankyou
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:13 pm

Thanks very much for the clarification. And very sorry for posting in a separate thread. Noted how to proceed going forward. Thankyou

Would really appreciate your help to reclarify the below.
Following is the checklist they have asked for.

1) Me - current Sri Lankan passport
2) My wife - proof of identity and nationality (such as valid passport)
3) Me - certificate proving English skills
4) My wife - certificate proving English Skills
5) Me - proof of living in the uk for 5 years
6) My wife - proof of living in the uk for 5 years
7) Me - current biometric residence permit
8) My wife - current biometric residence permit
9) Me - two referee declarations
10) My wife - two referee declarations

As you can see they have already requested our passports in point 1 & 2 above. Does your reply mean that the passports will also cover points 5 & 6 above? I am really sorry to ask again. The only reason to do so is as some websites say we need to provide things such as mortgage statements or tenancy agreements or annual bank statements for 5 years to represent points 5 & 6 above. Once again apologies for asking. Just want to make sure before we go for the appointment. Thankyou

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:22 pm

As an ILR holder your passports are proof of residency. Statements bills etc are not accepted for naturalisation. So your PPs cover points 5 & 6. Naturalization is not an immigration application and requires a minimum of documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:52 pm

Thankyou very much for clarifying. All clear.