ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension Priority

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Visa Extension Priority

Post by AliJaf » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:06 am

Hi,
I plan to apply for Skilled Worker extension thus week along with 3 dependents. I am adding them to my application.

Can someone assist
1. I wish to apply on priority but only for myself and not for dependents, can I do this / will it allow this option as I do not want to pay £2000 additional in fees 500x4

2. If it does not allow that way can I submit mine and their applications separately? What option will I choose? I am using update visa option as my employer has changed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Extension Priority

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:30 am

AliJaf wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:06 am
Hi,
I plan to apply for Skilled Worker extension thus week along with 3 dependents. I am adding them to my application.

Can someone assist
1. I wish to apply on priority but only for myself and not for dependents, can I do this / will it allow this option as I do not want to pay £2000 additional in fees 500x4

2. If it does not allow that way can I submit mine and their applications separately? What option will I choose? I am using update visa option as my employer has changed.
Yes, you can submit yours alone for priority consideration.

Do note that there is not guarantee of getting a priority appointment as you would wish as this is dependent on the capacity of HO at the time of application. Also, quick decision is not guaranteed.

PS: There are reported situation of principal applicant choosing priority while dependant(s) were on standard application and all got treated on priority and decision same day. This was for entry application made from outside UK.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:44 am

Thanks a lot for the reply,

how do I submit mine alone? Will it allow me to make just mine priority? or will I have to submit a separate application for the dependents?

I am assuming that it may allow me to select at the end of the application which ones are priority but if there is no option and if priority is selected it may ask for £2000 for all 4 as it is one application, apologies, I do realize that this is a lack of know-how / experience question.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:28 pm

can someone assist please, plan to apply tonight - thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:45 pm

Two sepatate applications if you do priority for one and standard for the dependents
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:35 pm

@CR001 @Amazonian, I decided to add them to my application but at the IHS payment page it says "you do not have any dependents" does this mean I am only declaring them and not applying for them, only applying for myself? Does this in any case do I have to apply for each dependent separately?

My assumption was I pay for all in one application? Please advise if I need to do anything else.

When I added them it asked for dependents details but no ID check.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:03 pm

Separate applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:18 pm

AliJaf wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:35 pm
@CR001 @Amazonian, I decided to add them to my application but at the IHS payment page it says "you do not have any dependents" does this mean I am only declaring them and not applying for them, only applying for myself? Does this in any case do I have to apply for each dependent separately?

My assumption was I pay for all in one application? Please advise if I need to do anything else.

When I added them it asked for dependents details but no ID check.
You were advised before and even from CR001, you found out for yourself now it won't go the way you decided to do it.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:44 pm

Thanks, learnt with experience and all you valuable guidance; Now there is a very confusing option in the form which I believe requires home office to clearly state on the form but is making me anxious what the correct response should be.

In the Personal Details option, it shows you Address (previously entered as communication address) and asks

Do you Live here - I click Yes

About your Home, Do you Own it or Rent it - I click Rent it

Provide Contact Details for you Landlord (it opens up fields Name, Telephone, Address)
I enter his Name, Telephone and Address

Then I enter my previous 2 years addresses

After submission, in check answers, it does not show my Home address on top but shows my Landlord's address, it gives an impression that Landlord's address is being used as my my Address? See image below for better understanding.

My actual address is not shown anywhere except contact preferences

You advises and understanding of the question will be highly appreciated.
Many Thanks

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:44 pm

Confirmed using Home Office helpline - this is normal behaviour