ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa employer switch in country priority service

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranab271
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled worker visa employer switch in country priority service

Post by pranab271 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:35 pm

Hello All,

I am an Indian national working on skilled worker visa in the UK. I am currently employed by a UK employer. I have got another job offer from a different employer and I have applied for skilled worker visa with my new employer as an in-country application under priority visa service. The priority service suggested a 5 working days turn around time, my application is 9 working days and I haven't heard anything from UKVI. I tried to contact UKVI, but I was suggested that they cannot provide any inputs on individual cases. Please can anyone share some insights or experiences. Thank you.

Regards,
Pranab

Erra2030
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker visa employer switch in country priority service

Post by Erra2030 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:38 pm

Week 15 and Waiting...I submitted my in-house Skilled Worker visa application for an employer switch using the priority service 15 weeks ago. Still waiting. My last one in 2021 got approved in just 3 days, so not sure what’s up this time.I haven’t been able to earn for the last 3 months and I’m running out of options and patience. Feels like I’m stuck in limbo.Anyone else in the same boat? Would love to hear some positive stories or tips to get through this.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:36 pm

Does anyone know if this kind of situation (delay) would impact the ILR at the end of 5 yrs? No salary slip for 3 months.

Also, how would this work with the late start date in comparison to CoS start date (28 days rule)

spkp
Newly Registered
India

Post by spkp » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:10 pm

Week 10 and still waiting. Mine was employer switch with priority service in-country application. My immigration advisor got an email from Home Office saying there has been an IT issue which is causing the delay. I have also called home office twice and got a standard reply as well. They have been unable to provide any case specific data and could not promise any timeline.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:25 pm

Worth mentioning that it's important to communicate the new employer about the current application status.

There's been cases where the applicant waited for several weeks or months after submitting their application for a SW visa with no updates from UKVI and no communication with the employer whilst waiting, then realized that the employer cancelled their sponsorship.

spkp
Newly Registered
India

Post by spkp » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:57 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:25 pm
Worth mentioning that it's important to communicate the new employer about the current application status.

There's been cases where the applicant waited for several weeks or months after submitting their application for a SW visa with no updates from UKVI and no communication with the employer whilst waiting, then realized that the employer cancelled their sponsorship.
Absolutely. Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, I have heard there has been an instance where employer cancelled the sponsorship. I have been in constant touch with my employer and in fact they have changed the joining date thrice. This indefinite waiting without any information has been really a nightmare for me.