ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

skilled worker dependant visa extension - what to answer in " Does [main applicant] already have skilled worker visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azmatbil
Newly Registered
Pakistan

skilled worker dependant visa extension - what to answer in " Does [main applicant] already have skilled worker visa?

Post by azmatbil » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:05 am

Hi,

i am applying for my and my partners skilled worker visa extension. i have already applied a few days back and now filling in the application for my partner. i would like to know what should i answer in this question in the people applying with you section;

Does[ main applicant - me] already have their skilled worker visa?

i am confused because i dont know if they refer to the current application[skilled worker visa extension] i have submitted or the current visa im on which is the skilled worker visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: skilled worker dependant visa extension - what to answer in " Does [main applicant] already have skilled worker visa

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:04 pm

azmatbil wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:05 am
Hi,

i am applying for my and my partners skilled worker visa extension. i have already applied a few days back and now filling in the application for my partner. i would like to know what should i answer in this question in the people applying with you section;

Does[ main applicant - me] already have their skilled worker visa?

i am confused because i dont know if they refer to the current application[skilled worker visa extension] i have submitted or the current visa im on which is the skilled worker visa.
Answer truthfully and give clarification in additional note section.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Re: skilled worker dependant visa extension - what to answer in " Does [main applicant] already have skilled worker visa

Post by AliJaf » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:25 pm

There is no additional section to enter anything and for me no evidence requested so unable to upload a cover letter too so the applicant is stuck in anxiety of correct answer, but they do not ask for anything but UAN, so even if the visa is in process for main applicant, applied prior to dependent, I would assume say yes and give the UAN - go figure so many areas of improvement and clarification needed to avoid confusion and assumed answers.

My assumption is they have tried to combine forms for multiple scenarios and hence some questions are sometimes somewhat irrelevant.

Would it not have been easy to just give an option of "in process / applied awaiting decision"? Maybe it will improve when the BETA - New Service badge is removed