ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled Status application question - Extended family

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eubritish
United Kingdom

Settled Status application question - Extended family

Post by eubritish » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I have searched around the forum but couldn't find anything similar so hopefully someone can answer my question.

I am an EU/UK citizen and my sister came to the UK on an EEA Family permit, received her EEA residence card and later Pre-settled status. She has been here for 5 years now so we are applying for Settled status.

In the online application I have uploaded our birth certificates and council tax bills for the past 5 years, which are in our joint names - as proof of relationship and residency.

I don't see any possibility however to upload further documents as the maximum is 10.

She has been dependent on me all this time and I have bank statements for the past 5 years, both hers and mine, that show money transfers to her account - as proof of dependency.

Any idea what we can/should do in this case? Should we just wait till they ask for proof of dependency? or should I note down the case reference number and send it by post anyway?

Additionally, if there is any other 'evidence' you think I should provide?

Thanks in advance!

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Settled Status application question - Extended family

Post by euspouse07 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:50 pm

amily members who hold pre-settled status based on
dependency
Rule EU4 of Appendix EU provides, in part, that where a person has been granted
pre-settled status (limited leave to enter or remain under Appendix EU) as a child,
dependent parent or dependent relative, they do not need to continue to meet the
eligibility requirements for that leave which they met at the date of application where
these related to their dependency, in order to retain their leave and remain eligible in
due course for settled status (indefinite leave to enter or remain), where they apply
on the basis of the same family relationship.
For example, where a person has been granted pre-settled status on the basis of
being a dependent parent of a relevant EEA citizen, they will not lose this status
solely because they cease to be dependent on the relevant EEA citizen, and they will
remain eligible in due course for indefinite leave to enter or remain as a dependent
parent of that relevant EEA citizen, where they apply on the basis of the same family
relationship.

Above is the extracts from the guidanve version 21.0 published by the home office for the case workers.
It is contracdictory to what you had faced.Kindly share your timeline.thanks

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:33 am

Thanks for your response.

I tried to read the guidance you referred to but didn't make much sense to me, rather caused me headache! I called their EUSS contact center but they were not of much use because they were not able to answer any question and kept repeating 'the case worker will get back to you if they need anything further'.

I have submitted the bank statements online that show money transfer from me to my sister's account.

We submitted the application only yesterday so now playing the waiting game.

I will keep the forum posted of any progress.

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 pm

I sent mine on the 6th of August,2023 to change from pre settled status to settled status and still waiting,and everytime I call to ask what's going on and its the same answer,the case worker will contact you if they need more information.
Don't understand why it's taking so long to change from pre settled to settled status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:09 pm

Jimmybones100 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 pm
I sent mine on the 6th of August,2023 to change from pre settled status to settled status and still waiting,and everytime I call to ask what's going on and its the same answer,the case worker will contact you if they need more information.
Don't understand why it's taking so long to change from pre settled to settled status.
You previously stated it was granted in August??

eea-route-applications/settled-status-t ... l#p2128685
Jimmybones100 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:06 pm
It has been granted August last month.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:04 am

It was sent on the 6th of August not granted,we sent 2 mine and my wife and hers was granted mine still there .She is European and am Non EU.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:29 pm

Just to add an update here: I spoke to the customer service since it has been two weeks and we didn't hear anything back, they are not issuing Certification of Application anymore if you apply to switch from pre-settled to settled status.

I guess its because the pre-settled status is extended by default for everyone so there is no need for CoA to prove your status anymore.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:57 am

A further update here: I called them since it has been more than 30 days and they say most of the applications are decided within that timeframe. They told me the application is in 'Final decision stage'.

Does anyone know what that means?

They didn't ask for any furhter documents/evidence so I am hoping it at least means our paperwork is all in order.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:02 pm

eubritish wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:57 am

A further update here: I called them since it has been more than 30 days and they say most of the applications are decided within that timeframe. They told me the application is in 'Final decision stage'.

Does anyone know what that means?

They didn't ask for any furhter documents/evidence so I am hoping it at least means our paperwork is all in order.

The Customer Service team is managed by outside contractors, not by Home Office staff. They are unlikely to have full access to the pending application :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:58 pm

Thanks for your response Casa.

Yes that much I have gathered because they are not the most useful :)

They have been telling me only that 'Case worker will get back to you if they need anything' and today they said 'in the final stage of decision' which was somethign new so I was a bit excited - I guess wrongly - that we are nearing the end of our wait.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:54 am

Update: My sister has received the email saying Settled Status has been granted. So it been about 2.5 months from the date of application.

Thanks to those who replied and good luck to all still waiting.