ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Declaration for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Berkay
United Kingdom

Referee Declaration for British citizenship

Post by Berkay » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Hi there,

I want to apply online for British citizenship through naturalisation online. I must provide two referees. I have a few questions about this:

Is this the form below that I need to have my referees fill out and sign?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Can I put my digital photo on it and email it to my referees, asking them to sign and email it back to me? Or do I need to have a printed photo and get a wet signature?

I also noticed that I need to ask them for their passport number and other details so that I can put them into my online application. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee Declaration for British citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:36 pm

Berkay wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:28 pm
Hi there,

I want to apply online for British citizenship through naturalisation online. I must provide two referees. I have a few questions about this:

Is this the form below that I need to have my referees fill out and sign?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf Yes.

Can I put my digital photo on it and email it to my referees, asking them to sign and email it back to me? YesOr do I need to have a printed photo and get a wet signature? No - everything is uploaded anyway.

I also noticed that I need to ask them for their passport number and other details so that I can put them into my online application. Correct, if the application asks for this.(please correct me if I'm wrong)

Many thanks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Berkay
United Kingdom

Post by Berkay » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:05 pm

Thank you so much for this.

Oddly, HO requests referees' passport numbers, which is a sensitive issue for some people who don't want to share it with others for a variety of reasons.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:25 am

Berkay wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:05 pm
Thank you so much for this.

Oddly, HO requests referees' passport numbers, which is a sensitive issue for some people who don't want to share it with others for a variety of reasons.
If both referees are British, they would need to add their passport number to form before signing it. That's the easiest way for the HO to verify their identity.
That's why the referee must be someone that you've known for a long time and trust you.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there's a way around this.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Berkay
United Kingdom

Post by Berkay » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:25 am

Thanks,
The referees' passport numbers are not requested in the form below; it seems they will be requested in the online application form.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:35 am

Berkay wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:25 am
Thanks,
The referees' passport numbers are not requested in the form below; it seems they will be requested in the online application form.
What I can tell you for a fact is that the referee passport details would be requested for in the form (referee details). There's only one major/straightforward form now, and it's online. Do it any other way would possibly cause delays.

Passport details would also be requested for in the referee declaration forms. You can't avoid it. It's all submitted together as part of the application process.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Berkay
United Kingdom

Post by Berkay » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:43 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:35 am
Berkay wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:25 am
Thanks,
What I can tell you for a fact is that the referee passport details would be requested for in the form (referee details). There's only one major/straightforward form now, and it's online. Do it any other way would possibly cause delays.

Passport details would also be requested for in the referee declaration forms. You can't avoid it. It's all submitted together as part of the application process.
Do you mean this form doesn't have to be filled out or singed? (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:51 am

Referees still need to sign the form as they won't be able to do that within your application form, and caseworker needs to see they have actually signed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Berkay
United Kingdom

Post by Berkay » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:58 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:51 am
Referees still need to sign the form as they won't be able to do that within your application form, and caseworker needs to see they have actually signed.
Thank you for clarifying.