ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing documentation for EU3

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aloom
Newly Registered
Ireland

Missing documentation for EU3

Post by Aloom » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:54 pm

Hello,

I'm a UK citizen. My family are non-EEA nationals. We moved to Ireland 6 years ago. At the time my family were given Stamp 4EUFAM, as it was pre-brexit. When we moved here we have children both under 18 and over 18.

It's now time to renew, and I submitted form EU3 for each of them. I didn't realise I would need to keep a bunch of letters for each of them over the last 5 years :(
When I submitted the paperwork I included rental agreements listing all the names for 2018. I also included utility bills in my name for each year and a note saying each person lived with me.

Unfortunately this wasn't enough for the adult dependants and I just got letters back asking for a utility bill in each person's name, for each place of residence. I definitely don't have that, all the utility bills were in my name.
They say "doctors letters, letters from revenue/social welfare, bank statements issued during the required years, etc" are also acceptable.

The most I can do is go online and get bank statements on each of their accounts for 2019-2022, but that isn't "issued during the required years".
The adults weren't working at the time (we had just arrived, then moved once, then covid...) so I'm really at a loss as to what I can provide.

Do you think the printed off bank statements will be enough?
Any other advice?

Thanks

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Missing documentation for EU3

Post by Vadrar » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:44 pm

By 'doctor's letter' it is likely they would accept a letter from the GP surgery listing dates of appointments for each person. It doesn't have to be letters from the doctor received during those years. Your doctor is able to ask you for payment for this letter. You can request it via FOI for free but this is likely to take a lot longer. (Edit- you could also try dentist, optometrist, physiotherapy, mental health appointments etc.)

You could also add the covid vaccination record for instance (likely to be accepted as supporting but not core evidence).

Those who were under 18 during the period could request a letter from their school listing attendance/registration dates. Anyone else studying can ask for the same from their institution. Third level institutions are unlikely to issue something especially, but as students they'd have had confirmation of registration and exam results etc issued at the time.

Were you in receipt of any benefits for the children during these years? Add records of that.

If the bank statements don't cover the required period I don't see why they'd be accepted. Having statements for some years, but not those needed makes it look like they weren't resident.

Requirements on documentation for IRPs are only likely to get stricter over time - so make sure everyone sets up and keeps high quality evidence going forward.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:20 pm

Aloom wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:54 pm
Hello,

I'm a UK citizen. My family are non-EEA nationals. We moved to Ireland 6 years ago. At the time my family were given Stamp 4EUFAM, as it was pre-brexit. When we moved here we have children both under 18 and over 18.

It's now time to renew, and I submitted form EU3 for each of them. I didn't realise I would need to keep a bunch of letters for each of them over the last 5 years :(
When I submitted the paperwork I included rental agreements listing all the names for 2018. I also included utility bills in my name for each year and a note saying each person lived with me.

Unfortunately this wasn't enough for the adult dependants and I just got letters back asking for a utility bill in each person's name, for each place of residence. I definitely don't have that, all the utility bills were in my name.
They say "doctors letters, letters from revenue/social welfare, bank statements issued during the required years, etc" are also acceptable.

The most I can do is go online and get bank statements on each of their accounts for 2019-2022, but that isn't "issued during the required years".
The adults weren't working at the time (we had just arrived, then moved once, then covid...) so I'm really at a loss as to what I can provide.

Do you think the printed off bank statements will be enough?
Any other advice?

Thanks
The decision is based on your activity last 5 years, it does not really matter what your dependent provides.
if you UK citizen who did not exercise your EU free movement right continuously for 5 years then it is more likely they will refuse the EU3 application of your dependents.
if you worked continuously for 5 years then there is no need to worry

Aloom
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Aloom » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Re: bank statements: I do have those, but not "originals" from that time. The adults had Wise/Transferwise at that point and lots of transactions. But if I print one now for 2020, it says "Generated on [todays date]".
Give COVID kicked off in 2020 I'm hoping there is some lenience there.

I went digging through all my old paperwork and found letters from doctors, hospital bills, dentists, and from the justice department themselves for every year except 2020.

Hopefully newly generated and printed statements for 2020 would be OK? The dates of the transactions are clearly 2020 and I'll print off the entire year to show it if I have to.

Aloom
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Aloom » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:22 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:20 pm
The decision is based on your activity last 5 years, it does not really matter what your dependent provides.
if you UK citizen who did not exercise your EU free movement right continuously for 5 years then it is more likely they will refuse the EU3 application of your dependents.
if you worked continuously for 5 years then there is no need to worry
This is exactly what I thought, and I provided my details for all of those years too (I worked continuously).
But no, apparently they want the same details of my dependants too :(

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:25 pm

OK, why don't you write to them explaining minors don't have such documents and ask them what documents are accepted?
they will normally respond to you quickly.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:29 pm

Aloom wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:21 pm
Thanks for the reply!

Re: bank statements: I do have those, but not "originals" from that time. The adults had Wise/Transferwise at that point and lots of transactions. But if I print one now for 2020, it says "Generated on [todays date]".
Give COVID kicked off in 2020 I'm hoping there is some lenience there.

I went digging through all my old paperwork and found letters from doctors, hospital bills, dentists, and from the justice department themselves for every year except 2020.

Hopefully newly generated and printed statements for 2020 would be OK? The dates of the transactions are clearly 2020 and I'll print off the entire year to show it if I have to.
The date you retrieve or print the documents is irrelevant. Originals in this sense means issued by the third party provider, not letters you yourself have written. Download and send them to a printer anytime you want - the relevant dates are those the document are asserting - eg transaction date.