ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my Critical Skills application look normal?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jude_Yung
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Does my Critical Skills application look normal?

Post by Jude_Yung » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:55 pm

Hello, I’m new here. Nice to know here and hope to listen to your thoughts. Thanks.

My employer submitted my CSEP application on my behalf. Probably chose ‘apply as an employer’. Now the timeline is below:

• ⁠8.22 Provided personal information
• ⁠9.13 Constract came & Signed
• ⁠9.15 Provided information for Critical Skills application
• ⁠9.19 Asked to amend some documents
• 9.20 ⁠(Probably submitted)
• ⁠10.17 Home Office announcements for current processing time(9.20)

In August the employer told me 6 weeks was enough for me to get the work permit. In late September(after the submission) the HR said my application would fail, and I had to wait until late November to know the result. Then I was told my job title is in the Critical Skills list, but not prioritized so it would take longer.

During the whole process I am not allowed to communicate with the solicitor. I don’t have access to the reference code.

I am not sure if the timeline looks fine.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Does my Critical Skills application look normal?

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:44 pm

Jude_Yung wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:55 pm
Home Office announcements for current processing time(9.20)
Home Office?
Did you apply for UK or Ireland?
Irish immigration department is called ISD, Home Office is the UK.

The fact that you're not allowed to talk to anyone is weird. You didn't pay money for anything, did you?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Jude_Yung
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jude_Yung » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:15 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:44 pm
Jude_Yung wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:55 pm
Home Office announcements for current processing time(9.20)
Home Office?
Did you apply for UK or Ireland?
Irish immigration department is called ISD, Home Office is the UK.

The fact that you're not allowed to talk to anyone is weird. You didn't pay money for anything, did you?
Sorry I’m just too anxious and made a mistake. It’s DETE current processing time.

I’m located in the UK and my employer applied from Ireland.

For the money I didn’t pay it, while it is deducted from my annual salary :cry: I was too eager to push the application and I signed it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:27 pm

Jude_Yung wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:15 pm
For the money I didn’t pay it, while it is deducted from my annual salary
I would be very careful dealing with employer who violates law straight off the bat.
https://enterprise.gov.ie/en/what-we-do ... nt-permit/
Where the employer is the applicant, in accordance with section 23 of the Employment Permits Act 2006, the employer may not make any deductions from the remuneration of, or seek to recover from, the holder of the employment permit concerned any charge, fee or expense related to the application.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:15 pm

Yeah deducting application fee from your salary is expressly prohibited and is against the employment legislations. I would think twice about working there.

There is no such thing as which job title would be prioritised over another one. It was the case during COVID for certain healthcare related professions but we are long past that now.

If your application was indeed submitted on 20 September, it is still in a reasonable timeframe. From the moment someone starts working on your case, it may take a few weeks to verify all the details and make a decision, so you are still within that timeframe.

Jude_Yung
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jude_Yung » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:36 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!
For the deduction it happened in an indirect way as I’m transferring from a contractor agreement to a FTE contract. While at the beginning they use the contractor agreement for probation period before they agree to help me with the Critical Skills permit.

It does take a few weeks, while the employer gave me an exact date, and claimed I would not receive further information until then. I wonder how can it be that accurate. And from the beginning, I was only receiving the information from my employer.

Jude_Yung
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jude_Yung » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:07 pm

Jude_Yung wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:36 pm
while the employer gave me an exact date, and claimed I would not receive further information until then. I wonder how can it be that accurate. And from the beginning, I was only receiving the information from my employer.
littlerr wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:15 pm
If your application was indeed submitted on 20 September, it is still in a reasonable timeframe.
Thanks so much for the information.

So here is another question: If a decision is made, will I be contacted by DETE?

My application is submitted by my employer(assisted by a solicitor). And do I have the right to track the application?

Jude_Yung
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jude_Yung » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:19 pm

11.22 Updates:
Still no further information from the employer side. Actually I have no idea what is the actual submission date. As long as it is submitted in September, it should be in progress anyway.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:23 pm

Did you get any update ?