ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to bring in Schengen Border Control

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antonyS
Newly Registered
Ireland

Documents to bring in Schengen Border Control

Post by antonyS » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:59 am

Hi all,
I was fortunately able to get Multiple Entry Tourist Schengen Visa with Netherlands (albeit a very weird itinerary) and was just curious on what type of documents that I need to bring on the border control.

I'm landing on Netherlands at 30th October, but I'm joining West Europe tour with my family the next day, starting from Paris (Paris 1 night, Amsterdam 2 nights, Frankfurt 1 night, Zurich 3 nights, Venice 2 nights, Milan 1 night) hence making Netherlands my first longest spending time on overall trip (1 night on my own first and then 2 nights later with the tour group).

Do I need to bring all of the hotels booking and itinerary list? Do I also need my most recent bank statement as well, or the one I used for applying the visa is sufficient (only Dated from May to end of August)?

Thanks for the help guys, this is the first time I'm traveling to multiple Schengen Area in one trip so just a bit nervous about the whole thing

meself2
Ireland

Re: Documents to bring in Schengen Border Control

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:26 am

You may or may not asked questions on arrival. Usually they would want to see hotel bookings and return flights, but due to your itenary it might be good to bring all hotels so you can show you have accomodation sorted before leaving.

Also, bring medical insurance.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

antonyS
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by antonyS » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:50 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:26 am
You may or may not asked questions on arrival. Usually they would want to see hotel bookings and return flights, but due to your itenary it might be good to bring all hotels so you can show you have accomodation sorted before leaving.

Also, bring medical insurance.
Thanks for the reply! What about means of travel during the Schengen area, do they need that as well? I only have EuroStar ticket for my trip from Amsterdam to Paris to join the tour, but after that I'll be riding bus with the tour group so I won't have any booking or receipt on that.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:21 pm

I don't think it's asked really - as long as you're in line with visa conditions, you're fine.

You can take a printout about your tour to be safe, but you.might as well just be waved through with no questions.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.