ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fraudsters exploiting major flaws in HO new Point Based Syst

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Fraudsters exploiting major flaws in HO new Point Based Syst

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am

Fraudsters working in London colleges are exploiting major flaws in the Home Office's new immigration system just months after it was launched, a BBC London investigation has found................

For full story please visit http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7775544.stm

My goodness, whats going on in this world... even the genuine applications will be treated strictly in coming days. Beware those with special ones should be prepared to see the worse.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Fraudsters exploiting major flaws in HO new Point Based

Post by Diokpa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Too bad, I know cambridge college is one of them that was raided recently and that is holding up a lot of their post study work visas. Good luck to all the genuing ppl out there, hope you don't suffer for this.

rizwan567 wrote:Fraudsters working in London colleges are exploiting major flaws in the Home Office's new immigration system just months after it was launched, a BBC London investigation has found................

For full story please visit http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7775544.stm

My goodness, whats going on in this world... even the genuine applications will be treated strictly in coming days. Beware those with special ones should be prepared to see the worse.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:07 pm

I think everyone from CCL (mentioned in the BBC report on a document) had better prepare themselves for bad news. The college must be really big to support all the posters on this and other forums! Your classes must have been massive.

It is strange how you don't appear to know each other!!!

For those that are genuine students, you may get approached by people who possibly bought certificates for tips about how to get their application approved.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Is it me or do these 'colleges' have 'dodgy' written all over them? They must be cheap, that's all I can think of, my GF went to a well-known if expensive Uni and got her PSW visa last week with no drama.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:51 am

My guess is CCL "graduates" are all going to be refused on mass.

For the resulting appeals to be successful it will require the "student" to prove their attendance other than with CCL paperwork, provide their examination results, evidence of taking the exams and have a letter of verification from the awarding body. I think you will find the awarding body is going to withdraw their support as there is a fair chance the awarding body is at as much fault as CCL. So in other words no chance of success at appeal.

CCL "students" are not going to be granted anything in the way of a visa for any reason as simply put the whole college was bogus and nothing more than a scam.
The last college to go down the pan in the same way was Lloyds and all 600(?) students had their leave curtailed on mass. There was a mass appeal which they lost and now there are still a fair few students in the country illegally.

Bye bye CCL and all those that did not sail in her. I hope the worthless bits of paper the "students" were awarded are worth the £1000's paid for them.

For those on the forum going on about not getting a visa, I think it is a safe bet you will get refused and will have to put up a huge fight to get your visa and that is if you can prove you were a genuine student. If the awarding body steps out of the frame then no matter what your award is worthless and it is time to go home. The greed and lack of application of a few will impact on those that did the work and gained a real qualification.

I certainly would not be joining hands with the "students" who obviously never attended as this puts you in with the scam. If you were a genuine student stick to those you know were there with you. The numbers in this scam are huge, there are hundreds and hundreds of fake qualifications given out, it is not known if there were any real ones so the odds are against anyone who claim to be a genuine student.

At least when they kick out the fake students this time they will get a 10 year ban.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:45 pm

This topic has been subjected to significant editing, in view of posts from one (now banned) member, and the reaction of others to the postings of that person. All such posts have been deleted.
John

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:letter of verification from the awarding body
Which was CCL, perchance...............

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 pm

I believe it was an outside body - however not entirely sure?
The rumour mill suggests there is an external awarding body and that there are further enquires being made as to who in that org is taking the back handers to issue the fake certificates.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Frontier Mole

you got the answer here!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=33242

Maybe there are two lots, one awarded by an external, recognised, bona fide awarding body listed here:

http://www.accreditedqualifications.org.uk/index.aspx

or here

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... tegoryID=1

, and one awarded, supposedly, by CCL.

Or not. :wink:

mubi
Newly Registered

Post by mubi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:01 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:My guess is CCL "graduates" are all going to be refused on mass.

For the resulting appeals to be successful it will require the "student" to prove their attendance other than with CCL paperwork, provide their examination results, evidence of taking the exams and have a letter of verification from the awarding body. I think you will find the awarding body is going to withdraw their support as there is a fair chance the awarding body is at as much fault as CCL. So in other words no chance of success at appeal.

CCL "students" are not going to be granted anything in the way of a visa for any reason as simply put the whole college was bogus and nothing more than a scam.
The last college to go down the pan in the same way was Lloyds and all 600(?) students had their leave curtailed on mass. There was a mass appeal which they lost and now there are still a fair few students in the country illegally.

Bye bye CCL and all those that did not sail in her. I hope the worthless bits of paper the "students" were awarded are worth the £1000's paid for them.

For those on the forum going on about not getting a visa, I think it is a safe bet you will get refused and will have to put up a huge fight to get your visa and that is if you can prove you were a genuine student. If the awarding body steps out of the frame then no matter what your award is worthless and it is time to go home. The greed and lack of application of a few will impact on those that did the work and gained a real qualification.

I certainly would not be joining hands with the "students" who obviously never attended as this puts you in with the scam. If you were a genuine student stick to those you know were there with you. The numbers in this scam are huge, there are hundreds and hundreds of fake qualifications given out, it is not known if there were any real ones so the odds are against anyone who claim to be a genuine student.

At least when they kick out the fake students this time they will get a 10 year ban.

thanks for ur suggestion its better u keep this suggestion upto u...