ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:42 pm

I rang INIS today. They told me they're doing the Garda check. They sent my application to the Gardai in September so I should hear more from INIS around January/February, which actually was my original estimate when I sent my P21/bank statements/etc.

Thanks,
LP

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 pm

I spoke with today too, and the guy the most unhelpful guy.
He kept repeating my application under processing period :(

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:04 pm

ib_dublin wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:
Heybabyy wrote:Thanks for the details.

It is really confusing as I know some people who have applied in 2006 with similar criteria and they haven't heard back after sending additional docs in Sept/Oct 08.

It would be interesting in Jan 09 to see who all gets an approval.
Yes, I'm also in this exact situation. :(
I was in same situation but I have sent p21/p60/marriage/birth avidavit without asked from them.
and now my application is with minister.
you can do similar like this :)
does anyone know how long will it take the Minister's officer reply to applicant?

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 am

rang INIS today
the lady in Tipp seems very good,
She told me my application is gone to GARDA check
It was sent to Garda on 1st December, same 3-6 months answer :-(
by the way
Applied Jan2006
Birth Cert Submitted: Jul2008
Marriage Cert submitted: Nov2008
Sent for Garda check: 1st Dec

God only knows when will i hear good ews
Not sure why they took3 months gap between my birthcert and marriage cert ??

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:04 am

I wonder if it really takes 3-6 months for garda check or is it just a trick by DoJ so that we don't ring again after 4-6 weeks asking for status.

Astraclub - It is ridiculous from DoJ's part but you should have sent all docs (birth &marriage affidavit, P21, sal slips, bank statement) in one go without being asked. That could have avoided the unneccesary delay.

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm

for me it took 5week for garda check

I have sent all my docs(p21/p60/b.cert/m.cert etc.) and got ack. then called 6weeks after and they told, last week your application sent to minister after garda verification

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 pm

ib_dublin wrote: for me it took 5week for garda check
For me the garda check has already taken more than 5 weeks. It has taken 2.5 months so far and it's not complete yet.

I actually think how long the garda check takes might depend on your original nationality... But that's just speculation on my part of course. :roll:

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:00 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
ib_dublin wrote: for me it took 5week for garda check
For me the garda check has already taken more than 5 weeks. It has taken 2.5 months so far and it's not complete yet.

I actually think how long the garda check takes might depend on your original nationality... But that's just speculation on my part of course. :roll:
Same. Sent mine in on October 10th and it's still with the Garda according to the lady I spoke to last Thursday. She said it's kinda random with Garda and it can take up to 6 month and she said they don't really know how long gaurds take, but she said she also thinks it could be nationality dependent...

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:53 pm

I know Lebanese friend of mine got acknowledgment last July, and he still await the garda clearance.

His original application was Jan 2006, based on 5 years stay.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Dublin1 wrote:I know Lebanese friend of mine got acknowledgment last July, and he still await the garda clearance.

His original application was Jan 2006, based on 5 years stay.
Yes, and I'm Iranian. Both nationalities "dodgy as f&*k" as far as officials concerned, I guess :-)

mendo

Post by mendo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi LuasPassenger

mendo: I would interpret that letter as your approval letter.

I am not sure, it doesn't refer to any aproval but only appointments in court, 10th and 17th of December.
I'll ring them, once I am back to Ireland.

I was wondering if anyone else who hasn't received the "approval letter" has received the " court appointment information letter" ?

Regards,

Mendo
________
HOW TO MAKE A VAPORIZER
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:29 am

mendo wrote:Hi LuasPassenger

mendo: I would interpret that letter as your approval letter.

I am not sure, it doesn't refer to any aproval but only appointments in court, 10th and 17th of December.
I'll ring them, once I am back to Ireland.

I was wondering if anyone else who hasn't received the "approval letter" has received the " court appointment information letter" ?

Regards,

Mendo
Mendo, you probably have been approved, but you didn't get the letter. If the register post was not pick up, it will be return to sender in 4 working days.
It has happen to me once where the post man did not drop the undeliver notice.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Application with minister

Post by babar asif » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Dear all,
Any body aware that how long it takes for miniter to send back the naturalization application. Basically I rang the INIS department and they advice me that my application is with the minister . she was not giving me any indication regarding time frame etc. Is any body aware of the time frame ? Many Thanks :?:

ib_dublin

Re: Application with minister

Post by ib_dublin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:43 pm

I called INIS, they told me my application prepared for minister on ** day (1st week) of Dec-2008.

then she told that she is not seeing in the system if application is sent to minister (although application is prepared). She told once application is sent to minister this will take one Month approximately.

She also told that my application is in last stage, once minister approved then they will inform me by registry post.

time she gave me January or early February to receive the big news.

surprisingly, I got though straight away without any delay and I must say the lady was very good in explaining.

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum.

The INIS website used to display the application date of applicants being processed, now they simply have an update statement.

I was wondering about the following claim in that statement: "The Citizenship Division is currently commencing further processing of applications received in mid 2007"

Has anyone that applied in 2007 been asked to provide further information / documentation? Also when in 2007 did you apply, if you've been requested additional information / documentation.

Thanks

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi ib_dublin,
Many thanks, One month with minister is not bad , hope both of us will get the good news very soon !

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:16 pm

babar asif wrote:Hi ib_dublin,
Many thanks, One month with minister is not bad , hope both of us will get the good news very soon !
hope so, good luck

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:05 pm

irishwannabe wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum.

The INIS website used to display the application date of applicants being processed, now they simply have an update statement.

I was wondering about the following claim in that statement: "The Citizenship Division is currently commencing further processing of applications received in mid 2007"

Has anyone that applied in 2007 been asked to provide further information / documentation? Also when in 2007 did you apply, if you've been requested additional information / documentation.

Thanks
i applied in first week of may 2007. i spoke to them last week. they told me that they are waiting for Garda Clearance Report. they have not ask me for any additional information.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:10 am

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. My own case seems to be quite frustrating.

I applied for naturalisation in January 2005 after a 5 year residency (based on stamp 4 - IBC). Over the course of time, since my application was like 28 months old, I have had loads of communication with the DoJ via phone calls and letters (from me), and requests for documents (from them). All requested documents were promptly sent.

Whenever I request for status updates on my application either by phone calls or letters, I always get a non-commital answer, 'waiting for Garda certification...still processing...etc'

I know loads of people who applied after me (mine made in Jan 2005) have received theirs. Hence my frustration.

So I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there in the same desperate predicament as I am? Also, is there any suggestion or have I missed something?

Your responses / information will be much appreciated.

Thanks

babar asif
Newly Registered

hi

Post by babar asif » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi,
I have applied in May 2005. since multiple communication to DOJ. still waiting. Not sure it maybe depend on the original nationalty. :?:

IrelandHopeful

Re: hi

Post by IrelandHopeful » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:50 pm

babar asif wrote:Hi,
I have applied in May 2005. since multiple communication to DOJ. still waiting. Not sure it maybe depend on the original nationalty. :?:
Hi Asif,
I really don't think nationality is the issue here, because I know a lot of people with the same nationality as mine (Nigerian) who have received theirs.
:?

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 am

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section
There are currently 15,600 applications for naturalisation with the Citizenship Division of the Department that are still awaiting a decision. The number of applications which were made more than 18 months ago is 6,400 and of these 30% (1,900) are on hold awaiting a response from the applicant and 44% (2,800) are awaiting a response from other statutory bodies as part of the normal applications checking process.

The average time from application to decision is now at 23 months. The Citizenship Division is currently commencing further processing of applications received in mid 2007. A significant number of applications are initially found to be invalid for a variety of reasons and these are now being dealt with and returned to the applicant within a week. More complicated cases can at times take more than the current average while an element of straight forward cases are now being dealt with in less than that time scale.

There is a limit to the reduction in the processing time that can be achieved as applications for naturalisation must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.
________
Vapir Spam

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:23 am

hi Mendo,

Did they change anything? this message has been there for a while now..

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Sorry, but I only noticed it now (my bad)!
________
Glass Pipe

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:36 pm

any update from INIS after xmas/new year???