ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP card - passport expiry

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emr
China

IRP card - passport expiry

Post by Emr » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Hi All,

My passport is expiring in one year. I received visa extension letter for 2 years . Could you please advise if department will give me IRP card until my passport expiry date or until the date on the visa letter. Please note immigration do not stamp visa on passport.

meself2
Ireland

Re: IRP card - passport expiry

Post by meself2 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:18 pm

Emr wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:05 pm
Please note immigration do not stamp visa on passport.
Gardai outside Dublin still so, unfortunately. Not sure if it's how it's supposed to be, though.

And they should give that for your permission letter date, as per their FAQ, at least in Dublin. Keep in mind you need to let them know you changed your passport.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... istration/
11. Is my permission restricted to the expiry of my passport?
No, from April 2021 your permission is not linked to the expiration date on your passport. When you receive a new passport, you are legally required to contact your local immigration office to update your details.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:02 am

Emr wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:05 pm
Hi All,

My passport is expiring in one year. I received visa extension letter for 2 years . Could you please advise if department will give me IRP card until my passport expiry date or until the date on the visa letter. Please note immigration do not stamp visa on passport.
The IRP is not linked to your passport. The permission letter mentions the duration of residence permit you have been issued. However after you renew your passport you need to inform the Garda Immigration office or even the Dublin Immigration office to update your records and they will likely stamp your passport. Normally after you renew your passport they need to stamp your passport even in Dublin.

gk73
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by gk73 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:22 am

When I registered my Stamp 4 permission for the first time and had to go there in person, they put a stamp in my passport with the expiry of the passport, but the IRP that arrived was valid for 5 years, unlike the stamp in the passport which expired together with the passport in 1 year.

I asked if I should come back once I have renewed the passport. They replied that there is no need to put a stamp in a new passport.
I did, however, send them an email with the scan of a new passport, to which they replied thanks - we updated our records.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:44 am

gk73 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:22 am
When I registered my Stamp 4 permission for the first time and had to go there in person, they put a stamp in my passport with the expiry of the passport, but the IRP that arrived was valid for 5 years, unlike the stamp in the passport which expired together with the passport in 1 year.

I asked if I should come back once I have renewed the passport. They replied that there is no need to put a stamp in a new passport.
I did, however, send them an email with the scan of a new passport, to which they replied thanks - we updated our records.
The stamp has to be same as what was on your IRP regardless of the expiry date on your passport that's why they requested physical contact to stamp the permission on the new passport. During the Covid they stopped it and after started the method again. Only Dublin was excluded.

*If you are renewing online in Dublin, you will not receive a stamp in your passport.*