ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee form corrections query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Referee form corrections query

Post by travelagain1 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:00 pm

Hi, this is a query about the referee form.

I had taken a form to one of my referees and they signed it but wrote the wrong year by mistake below the signature. Then they crossed out the wrong year and wrote the correct year. Is that acceptable ? to have a correction done by pen ?

I need to upload the scan of this very soon and needed some advice if I should go and get another form and get it signed again ?

Thanks in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee form corrections query

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:10 pm

I assume the year of signature?

You could ask the referee to fill in a new one?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelagain1 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:17 pm

Yes so there is a date field below the signature.

The thing is that the referee lives a distance away, and I have very little time to go there during a working day to get another form filled. But if this correction on the form is a big issue and could cause a rejection, then I will try to get another form. ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:56 pm

OK, so if he wrote 2022 or 2024 instead of 2023, and corrected it then it's clear what the issue was, just applying common sense here. Don't think anyone could read something sinister into that, and it's not an official certificate or similar where that would be a no-no.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelagain1 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:49 pm

Thanks, I was probably overthinking.. Anyway in the meantime I had reached out to the referee who will try to print the PDF, sign and scan it, and email it to me if possible. If they can't then I will just attach this.

thanks again :)