ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application not valid and past deadline

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HS007
Newly Registered
South Africa

Application not valid and past deadline

Post by HS007 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:24 am

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, your application is not valid and we are unable to accept it. What this means for you
Your application is not valid for the reasons set out below.
Why your application is not valid
For your eligibility under the scheme to be considered, you need to make a valid application. The requirements for a valid application are set out in paragraph EU9 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here: www.gov.uk/settled- status-eu-citizens-families/eligibility.
For an application to be valid, where the date of application is on or after 9 August 2023, it must have been made by the required date. Your application (unique application number (UAN): xxxxx was not made by the required date because it was not made by the deadline applicable to you and you have not shown that there are reasonable grounds for your delay in making your application. This is explained in more detail below.
You rely on being an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen or their family member who was resident in the UK by 31 December 2020. The deadline for you to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021. For your late application to be valid and your eligibility under the scheme considered, you need to show that there are reasonable grounds for your delay in making your application.
You have provided the following information and evidence concerning your delay in making your application to the scheme:
My permanent residence card has a renewal date of 10 Dec 2023. I therefore was not aware of any changes to the immigration process and its only when we started looking at renewal that we realized that I was eligible to apply due to my wifes settled status.
To be eligible to place a late application reasonable grounds needs to be proven.
1 of 4

However, that information is not considered to constitute reasonable grounds for your delay in making your application.
This is because you have not provided substantive information as to the reasons for your delay in making your application. The information does not explain the reasons for your delay in making your application.
You have not provided sufficient information and evidence with your application to show there are reasonable grounds for your delay in making your application to the scheme.
Your application does not meet the requirements for a valid application set out in paragraph EU9 of Appendix EU and therefore your application has been rejected as invalid.
If you can provide further information and evidence to show there are reasonable grounds for your delay in making your application to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can submit a further application to the scheme.
Making a further application
If the deadline for you to apply has not yet passed and you have additional information or evidence that shows you meet the requirements, you can make another application under the EU Settlement Scheme online at: apply-for-eu-settled-status.homeoffice.gov.uk.
The relevant deadline for an application to have been made was normally 30 June 2021 for those applying based on their UK residence before 23:00 GMT on 31 December 2020. To be eligible to make a further application, the deadline that applies to you must not have passed unless you have reasonable grounds for not making a further application by the relevant deadline. Please see: www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families for guidance on the relevant deadline that applies to you.
There is no right to an appeal in respect of an invalid application.
If you need support applying to the EU Settlement Scheme, there are organisations which can offer free practical help. A list of these can be found here: www.gov.uk/help-eu-settlement- scheme.
You may wish to consider whether you are eligible to apply for leave to enter or remain in the UK under any other immigration routes, details of which can be found here: www.gov.uk/ browse/visas-immigration.
You may wish to seek further advice about alternative routes available to you.
Citizens Advice offers free immigration advice: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/get- help/get-immigration-advice.
Alternatively, there are other legal advisers who may be able to offer assistance, although they may charge you for advice. A list of approved immigration advisers can be found here: www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser.
Consequences of staying in the UK unlawfully
If you stay in the UK without permission to do so:
2 of 4

you can be detained
you can be prosecuted, fined and imprisoned
you can be removed and banned from retunring to the UK you will not be allowed to work
if you do work illegally, your earnings may be seized, and assets confiscated
you will not be able to rent a home
you may not be able to claim any benefits and you may be prosecuted if you try to
you can be charged by the NHS for medical treatment and if you fail to pay, this may prevent you from remaining in or re-entering the UK
you can be denied access to a bank account
your existing bank account may be closed or frozen and any balance withheld unless you leave
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency can prevent you from driving by taking away your UK driving licence
Help and advice on leaving the UK
The Voluntary Returns Service (VRS) can be contacted for help and advice on leaving the UK. The VRS can discuss the status of your case and the next steps in your departure from the UK.
The VRS can provide practical support - from providing access to a passport or emergency travel document, purchasing your flight ticket or help to arrange a complex return with reintegration support for those who are eligible. Please contact the VRS team to obtain practical support regarding your return.
Contact the Voluntary Returns Service
Online: www.gov.uk/return-home-voluntarily
Telephone: 0300 004 0202 (Monday - Friday between 09.00 and 17.00)
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this letter, you can call the Resolution Centre via telephone or email:
If you're inside the UK
Telephone: 0300 123 7379
Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8:30pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
If you're outside the UK
Telephone: +44 203 080 0010
Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8:30pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
You can find out about the call charges at www.gov.uk/call-charges.
EU Settlement Scheme contact form eu-settled-status-enquiries.service.gov.uk/start Yours sincerely,
3 of 4

UKVI European Casework
On behalf of the Secretary of State Data protection
The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how we use personal data. For details of how we will use your personal information and who we may share it with please see our Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/ personal-information-use-in-borders-immigration-and-citizenship. This also explains your key rights under the Act, how you can access your personal information and how to complain if you have concerns.
Further information
For further information or if you have any queries, our contact details are on our website: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

A bit of back ground. My EU wife has settled status and so does my daughter, my son is a British passport holder. Residence document as follow: 17.11.2008-17.11.2013 Residence card of a family member of an eea national and current 10.12.2013-10.12.2023 permanent residence card. We own a property( still encumbered my a mortgage) and both my wife and I have been in full time employment for the whole of the duration of stay in the UK. I did not apply for settled status but I am looking at applying for long residence 10 year route. When looking at the application it does not state that practicing EEA treaty rights includes lawful stay. And I’m wondering if I should be looking at a different route or if the BRC valid for 10 years count towards lawful stay. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Rinatmg
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: Application not valid and past deadline

Post by Rinatmg » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:50 pm

hi, i saw your post? did you try to contact any solicitor?
same situation-didnt realised i had to apply for settled status.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Application not valid and past deadline

Post by meself2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:16 am

Duplicate post (eea-route-applications/permanent-reside ... 40971.html) - locked for now as it contains data not present in previous post (full refusal letter), hence keeping it intact. Please move your discussion to the other topic.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.