ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AGM23
United Kingdom

France Schengen Visa

Post by AGM23 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:02 am

Hi all,

I am British citizen and my wife is Pakistani citizen in UK on Spouse visa, we want to visit France for few days in March next year.

My wife does not work, I will be paying for the trip of course, we got married in Pakistan and marriage certificate is in English, which we used for spouse visa as well.

To prove relationship and sponsoring her visa for the trip, do i need to get marriage certificate attested by French embassy in Pakistan? ( i read somewhere)
Or original certificate in English from Pakistan would be acceptable?

Appreciate if someone can advice or been in similar situation?

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: France Schengen Visa

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:41 am

AGM23 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:02 am
Hi all,

I am British citizen and my wife is Pakistani citizen in UK on Spouse visa, we want to visit France for few days in March next year.

My wife does not work, I will be paying for the trip of course, we got married in Pakistan and marriage certificate is in English, which we used for spouse visa as well.

To prove relationship and sponsoring her visa for the trip, do i need to get marriage certificate attested by French embassy in Pakistan? ( i read somewhere)
Or original certificate in English from Pakistan would be acceptable? Original marriage cert would do.

Appreciate if someone can advice or been in similar situation?

Thanks
Here is a link to other supporting documents that she would need.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/france/visa/uk/
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:03 pm

Thanks Ticktack,

Can you please confirm the source?

From the link you provided, it does say, Although it is for unemployed EU citizen dependent? hence the confusion?

"An officially translated marriage certificate. The translation must be in English or French and must be certified as a true copy by the country’s Embassy where the marriage took place or by the Legalization Bureau of the Foreign Office in the UK".

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:38 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:03 pm
Thanks Ticktack,

Can you please confirm the source?

From the link you provided, it does say, Although it is for unemployed EU citizen dependent? hence the confusion?

"An officially translated marriage certificate. The translation must be in English or French and must be certified as a true copy by the country’s Embassy where the marriage took place or by the Legalization Bureau of the Foreign Office in the UK".
You've mentioned that your marriage certificate was issued in Pakistan and is in English. Correct??
If marriage cert isn't in English or French, then it needs to be translated to either language and duly certified by the embassy!

How do you plan to re-translate what is already in English?

Also, nice to have a marriage cert. But being married isn't exactly a mandatory requirements for a Schengen visa. The UK isn't part of the EU anymore. You don't need and can't get favours as the spouse of an EU citizen anymore.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:52 pm

Hi Ticktack,

Yes Correct, Marriage certificate is in English and was even used for UK spouse visa as mentioned earlier.

I understand translation is not necessary. my focus was on part where it says, marriage certificate was to be attested at French embassy in Pakistan?
Hope someone has been in a similar situation as well and can share whether it is not required?

Yes i am fully aware of UK not being part of EU anymore ( would have been a lot easier if it was)

Hope someone has been in a similar situation as well and can share whether it is not required?