ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR submission and outside country travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myilr83
United Kingdom

ILR submission and outside country travel

Post by myilr83 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:22 pm

Hello Team, I am looking for an advice.

My spouse and child will complete 5 Years on Dec 18th. This would make them eligible for ILR submission after 21st Nov. But we have a travel plan outside the UK in December.

In this situation once the online application is submitted, is it okay to travel outside the country before or after the biometrics? or is it safer to hold off the application submission until the travel is done?

I have seen the below note on the gov.uk and solicitors forums - but not sure if that's the web application submission or biometrics. Is this even valid currently, I recollect that my passport and BRP were returned while my biometrics?

"34K. Where a decision on an application for permission to stay has not been made and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application will be treated as withdrawn on the date the applicant left the common travel area."

Please advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR submission and outside country travel

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:36 pm

No, you cannot travel after submission or the application will be considered withdrawn.

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:50 am

myilr83 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:22 pm
Hello Team, I am looking for an advice.

My spouse and child will complete 5 Years on Dec 18th. This would make them eligible for ILR submission after 21st Nov. But we have a travel plan outside the UK in December.

In this situation once the online application is submitted, is it okay to travel outside the country before or after the biometrics? or is it safer to hold off the application submission until the travel is done? Hold off till back from travelling.

I have seen the below note on the gov.uk and solicitors forums - but not sure if that's the web application submission or biometrics. Is this even valid currently, I recollect that my passport and BRP were returned while my biometrics?

"34K. Where a decision on an application for permission to stay has not been made and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application will be treated as withdrawn on the date the applicant left the common travel area."

Please advice.

myilr83
United Kingdom

Post by myilr83 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:51 am

Thank you Zimba and AmazonianX, very clear now. This thread could be closed.