ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct my date of birth

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Correct my date of birth

Post by nihad » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:56 pm

Hi all

I have posted this before but for some reason it was locked.

I need some advice, l would like to correct my date of birth, l was born in Iraq l was born in a village and didn’t have birth certificate for a year and when my parents went to register me they just said that the date of birth is 1st of January which is not correct, when I came to Uk my Iraqi passport shows date of birth 1st of January and when l was granted Refugee status on my BRP shows DOB 1 of January,

When l claimed asylum on my original statement to home office l did mention about my birthday and l told them the actual Birth date, but on my BRP they put 1st of Jan
How easy would it be to correct my Birth date on BRP to the actual that home office already aware of?

Many thanks

secret.simon

Re: Correct my date of birth

Post by secret.simon » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:15 pm

What official/legal proof of your birthday do you have?

You have mentioned that your birth certificate and passport states that it is 1st January.

Unless you have other official/legal proof that supersedes them, that will remain your birthday for legal and official purposes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Post by nihad » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:21 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:15 pm

You have mentioned that your birth certificate and passport states that it is 1st January.

Unless you have other official/legal proof that supersedes them, that will remain your birthday for legal and official purposes.
I can get can request for my Iraqi Birth Certificate to be corrected, I have to apply for Judge review in Iraq for my Birth Certificate to be correct.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:50 am

nihad wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:21 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:15 pm

I can get can request for my Iraqi Birth Certificate to be corrected, I have to apply for Judge review in Iraq for my Birth Certificate to be correct.
It is up to you to pursue this or not.