ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EVetting Process for Naturalized Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ire_dub17
Newly Registered
Ireland

EVetting Process for Naturalized Citizenship

Post by Ire_dub17 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:56 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advise me what shall i do on this scenario pls?

I submitted my Evetting invitation link on May 2023 and haven't received any updates since then. 2 days back i received another same invitation link to complete. I am so confused as why i have been send second invitation link almost after 6 month with out an update to my first evetting submission.

I have reached out to the citizenship email but no response yet.

After i submitted by first evetting link, i renewed by passport, do you think this could be a reason? At least i would expect some sort of instructions or whatever the reason is rather an a generic email.

Your advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: EVetting Process for Naturalized Citizenship

Post by sairsint » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:07 pm

I just posted a question about the same exact topic: ireland/duplicate-evetting-invitation-t341012.html

Seems the ISD has messed something up, but at least I now know it's not just me which is probably a good thing. (not that this is good at all)

Ire_dub17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ire_dub17 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Thanks for sharing this.

I agree, it seems like like they have messed up something on their end. I also received my first invitation link on 22nd May. Have you received any update in regards to your first Evetting submission?

For me still no update at all, so wondering if everyone is on the same boat?

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:03 pm

We're all in the same boat, unfortunately. I even went as far as having a TD contact them on my behalf for a status update and was "reassured" my application was processing as expected.

That said, their Helpdesk finally replied to me after I had asked them when will my evetting will commence (prior to the TD being involved) and they said my disclosure will be forwarded in due course. I said, my disclosure?!? I haven't even started the actual NVB evetting process yet, so how can my disclosure be forwarded? It's as if they don't even read the questions that are coming in before they send their canned responses back out. :shock:

The fact that it's been six months since submitting the evetting invitation information and they believe it's acceptable to keep applicants in the dark for this long, to the point where a TD gets involved to ask for updates says a lot about their flawed process.

Ire_dub17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ire_dub17 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:51 pm

Frustrating :cry: I was also thinking to get TD involved but hearing your story, it will be just a waste of time for everyone!!

I suppose, all we can do is to only wait and see how it rolls. If we are lucky we may get past all the stages by late 2024 :oops:

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Ire_dub17 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:51 pm
Frustrating :cry: I was also thinking to get TD involved but hearing your story, it will be just a waste of time for everyone!!

I suppose, all we can do is to only wait and see how it rolls. If we are lucky we may get past all the stages by late 2024 :oops:
While it was good to receive something, the part that made it a bit more frustrating is that the TD got an official response within a few days of making the inquiry (when compared to a solicitor or Helpdesk inquiry). Of course a lot of the response was the canned jargon they always say about why it's so slow, but it was a bit more thorough and personalised to my application.

If you are on the fence about contacting a TD to make an inquiry on your behalf, I would recommend that you go ahead with it as it was a simple form to fill out once they agree to support you. If nothing else comes out of it, at least it continues to put pressure on the DoJ/ISD to deal with this debacle of a process.

Other similarly positioned countries can start and finish an entire naturalisation application within about six months, while we've been waiting six months (and counting) from the last ISD contact we had regarding the evetting invitation. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Ire_dub17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ire_dub17 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:45 pm

Thank you. I will give my shot through TD. Lets see what kind of response would i get.

Thanks again & Best of luck to all :)

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:58 pm

I got the duplicated e-vetting link on last Friday too. I just followed the link and submitted again, curious what difference it will make as this time it's CMUA while last time 6 months ago is CMUB...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:03 pm

Please continue e-vetting discussions in the existing topic. We don't need multiple topics on e-vetting please.

ireland/e-vetting-invitation-e-vetting- ... 0-375.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.