ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question Around Sponsorship License Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Question Around Sponsorship License Tier 2

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:36 pm

Hi,
not sure if this is the correct thread, wanted to find out some in formation around sponsoring family member.
In guide it says Level 1 User cannot assign COS to any themselves or family member, but can't seem to find any such restrictions or guidance around key contact.

In my case I am a key contact / authorising officer, and have a level 1 user employee who looks after SMS. In this case not sure if I can ask lvl 1 user to assign a cos to family member who fits in the role pretty well.
Any one got more information around this as I do not want to do anything outside rules.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Question Around Sponsorship License Tier 2

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:35 pm

As long as the level 1 user is not related then they are able to issue the COS. As a matter of good practice I would suggest the relationship is declared in the note field to ensure the Home Office is aware of the circumstances. That way there can be no question as to intent or any claim of misinformation that could lead to a refusal.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Re: Question Around Sponsorship License Tier 2

Post by adeelishaq786 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:04 pm

Many Thanks for your reply, will do as suggested.