ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in processing the UK/British Naturalisation(AN) Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immg83
Mood:
India

Delay in processing the UK/British Naturalisation(AN) Application

Post by immg83 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:12 pm

Hi Community,

I am really concerned on Delay in processing the UK Naturalisation Application which i submitted on 22nd Feb 2023. Want to check with community members if others are facing the similar delays or it's specific to my case.

To give the context on My UK Immigration history:

2016-2022: Tier 2 Dependent Visa
2022: ILR granted
Feb-2023: British Naturalisation application submitted ( 5 Years Tier 2 + 1 Year ILR).

It's 8 month since my application for natuarlisation submitted but i didn't hear from Home office.

History of enquiries sent to Home Office:

6th June 2023: Inquiry to FNE: Received a reply on 12th June, 2023 stating that my application is under SLA "our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard"

24 August 2023: Further Inquiry to FNE after 6 months passed: Received an update that 19th Sept stating that "Some enquiries are conducted by other agencies/departments on our behalf, these sometimes may take longer than anticipated, and therefore applications may take more than six months to decide"

18th Sept. 2023: Raised the online complaint to UKVI: Still waiting for a reply

28th Sept. 2023: Raised a SAR request to home office: Received an update on 24th Oct: SAR reply included a bundle COPY of records home office had against my name, aliases. COPY does provide the copy of the case worker database but they have retracted any comments, progress on my case and really can't see where exactly my application is stuck. So, not much useful info.

27th Oct 2023: Sent an email to my Member Of Parliament

I was thinking that SAR will give some useful insight on why my application is delayed but they have retracted all the case history from CID records.

Not sure what else i can do to push HO to take the decision on my AN application.

Any useful suggestion on what should i do now? I waiting is the only option?

immg83
Mood:
India

Re: Delay in processing the UK/British Naturalisation(AN) Application

Post by immg83 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:19 pm

immg83 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:12 pm
Hi Community,

I am really concerned on Delay in processing the UK Naturalisation Application which i submitted on 22nd Feb 2023. Want to check with community members if others are facing the similar delays or it's specific to my case.

To give the context on My UK Immigration history: (This post is for my Spouse case, I posting here from my handle)

2016-2022: Tier 2 Dependent Visa
2022: ILR granted
Feb-2023: British Naturalisation application submitted ( 5 Years Tier 2 + 1 Year ILR).

It's 8 month since my application for natuarlisation submitted but i didn't hear from Home office.

History of enquiries sent to Home Office:

6th June 2023: Inquiry to FNE: Received a reply on 12th June, 2023 stating that my application is under SLA "our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard"

24 August 2023: Further Inquiry to FNE after 6 months passed: Received an update that 19th Sept stating that "Some enquiries are conducted by other agencies/departments on our behalf, these sometimes may take longer than anticipated, and therefore applications may take more than six months to decide"

18th Sept. 2023: Raised the online complaint to UKVI: Still waiting for a reply

28th Sept. 2023: Raised a SAR request to home office: Received an update on 24th Oct: SAR reply included a bundle COPY of records home office had against my name, aliases. COPY does provide the copy of the case worker database but they have retracted any comments, progress on my case and really can't see where exactly my application is stuck. So, not much useful info.

27th Oct 2023: Sent an email to my Member Of Parliament

I was thinking that SAR will give some useful insight on why my application is delayed but they have retracted all the case history from CID records.

Not sure what else i can do to push HO to take the decision on my AN application.

Any useful suggestion on what should i do now? I waiting is the only option?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:30 pm

You are not alone:
british-citizenship/application-timelin ... l#p2134714

Difficult to suggest what to do apart from waiting.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

immg83
Mood:
India

Post by immg83 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:10 pm

Hi,

Just an Update, Got the HO approval email on 1st Nov.. I think SAR may have worked but not sure what worked to push the application.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:21 pm

It could be just coincidence - we never hear about what made them speed up.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.