ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1(registration) Help! Fee Payment Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1(registration) Help! Fee Payment Issue

Post by Adam20 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to update you on my child's MN1 Registration submission. I sent it through the post on September 2nd, and the tracking information confirms its delivery. However, up to now, they have not processed the application fee.

Looking back, I realise I should have opted for the online submission instead of the postal method. I was uncertain about the availability of the online service at that time.

In case I don't observe any progress in terms of the fee being processed within the next two months, and considering my attempts to contact them have gone unanswered, I am contemplating resubmitting the application online. This approach would not only allow me to make the payment promptly but also ensure that the application is securely in their system.

Do you have any recommendations regarding whether I should proceed with this course of action?

I appreciate your time and contribution.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MN1(registration) Help! Fee Payment Issue

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:55 pm

You submitted the MN1 application on 2. September? 2022?
Not clear why you went for a postal application - if you are in the UK then online is the preferred option.
Postal applications take longer to process as will have been pointed out on the UKVI website. I would contact them urgently if it was indeed in 2022 you applied. I wouldn't start an online application until you find out what happened with the postal application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:58 pm

Adam20 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 pm
Hello everyone,

I wanted to update you on my child's MN1 Registration submission. I sent it through the post on 2nd August 2023, and the tracking information confirms its delivery. However, up to now, they have not processed the application fee.

Looking back, I realise I should have opted for the online submission instead of the postal method. I was uncertain about the availability of the online service at that time.

In case I don't observe any progress in terms of the fee being processed within the next two months, and considering my attempts to contact them have gone unanswered, I am contemplating resubmitting the application online. This approach would not only allow me to make the payment promptly but also ensure that the application is securely in their system.

Do you have any recommendations regarding whether I should proceed with this course of action?

I appreciate your time and contribution.

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:15 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:55 pm
You submitted the MN1 application on 2. September? 2022?
Not clear why you went for a postal application - if you are in the UK then online is the preferred option.
Postal applications take longer to process as will have been pointed out on the UKVI website. I would contact them urgently if it was indeed in 2022 you applied. I wouldn't start an online application until you find out what happened with the postal application.

I apologise for any confusion. I meant to say that I posted it on 2nd August 2023.

I live in the UK and unfortunately, I didn't check beforehand whether online options were available.

If no payment is received by the end of September, which completes a two-month period, should I notify them that I plan to submit a new application online?

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:27 am

I submitted the form along with all the required documents, just as indicated on their website, to the provided address.

Send the form and payment slip (including the fee) and your documents to:
• the Lieutenant Governor if you are in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
• the Governor of the territory if you are in a British Overseas Territory
• UK Visas and Immigration at the following postal address if you live elsewhere:

Department 1
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:38 am

Hello everyone,

As of 18th September 2023, I have not noticed any payment being taken for my child's MN1 registration application. Therefore, I am considering submitting an online application and completing the process myself. However, I would appreciate guidance on the following query:

I, as the father, am currently residing in the UK with British Status. I am applying for my child who is living abroad. I will be completing the online form from the UK.

The online form asks for "Your Location" and I'm uncertain whether it's referring to my child's location or my own.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:07 am

How old is the child?

Where was the child born , uk or abroad?

How does the child qualify to be registered as british?

When and how did you become british?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:07 am
How old is the child?

Where was the child born , uk or abroad?

How does the child qualify to be registered as british?

When and how did you become british?
The child is 18 months old, was born abroad, and currently resides abroad. The child qualifies under section 3(2)

I acquired British citizenship by descent through my father.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:14 pm

Then the paper form is the correct way to apply.

Payments can take a few months for paper forms, some members have had payment taken at around 4 to 5 months after receipt by UKVI.

Presumably you are aware a 3(2) Registration will make your child British by Descent as well, therefore unable to pass it on to their children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:14 pm

Payments can take a few months for paper forms, some members have had payment taken at around 4 to 5 months after receipt by UKVI.

Presumably you are aware a 3(2) Registration will make your child British by Descent as well, therefore unable to pass it on to their children born abroad.
I appreciate your feedback.Thank you so much for your input. I'm currently contemplating drafting a letter to UKVI to request confirmation of receipt for the form I submitted, as there hasn't been any payment processed yet. Should I go ahead with composing and sending this letter? or should I leave it and wait? As you mentioned earlier, some members experienced a payment processing time of around 4 to 5 months.

Yes, I am aware 3(2) Registration are unable to pass it on to their children born abroad. I hope that by then, they will have established their residence in the UK and, with the grace of God, their children will be born in the UK, rather than abroad.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:44 pm

Adam20 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:43 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:14 pm

I appreciate your feedback.Thank you so much for your input. I'm currently contemplating drafting a letter to UKVI to request confirmation of receipt for the form I submitted, as there hasn't been any payment processed yet. Should I go ahead with composing and sending this letter? or should I leave it and wait? As you mentioned earlier, some members experienced a payment processing time of around 4 to 5 months. You do know the options and referred to the experiences of others so it is your decision on contacting HO or waiting.

Yes, I am aware 3(2) Registration are unable to pass it on to their children born abroad. I hope that by then, they will have established their residence in the UK and, with the grace of God, their children will be born in the UK, rather than abroad.

Adam20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adam20 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:14 am

Thanks for your advice CR001, We've noticed that the payment has been debited from our account, and we've received the biometric invitation letter on October 24th, which we have already attended.