ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long before the Cert of naturalization is issued?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

burbero
Newly Registered

How long before the Cert of naturalization is issued?

Post by burbero » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:09 am

I understand that people who already got naturalization certificates have very little interest in writing in this forum, but just in case somebody waiting heard from friends, etc:
After fidelity declaration form and cheque is sent to the Department of Justice , how much time it takes for the actual Cert of Naturalization to come back? Sent my stuff around 2 weeks ago - nothing yet.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 am

I have not reached that stage but I think it takes 4 weeks after taking oath and getting naturalization cert. From the day the cert is issued, you will be f***ing Irish :lol: , regardless of whether you want a passport or not. So it is matter of another 2 weeks which is nothing as compared to wait for approval. After mid Jan 09 you can celebrate for rest of the 09 and life. Good luck.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 am

I know I am not at this stage yet, but is the process when u go to court and do fidelity declaration , do u get document from them on same day ?
or u wait for the court to send a dcoument which u need to attach with chaeque to be sent INIS ?

burbero
Newly Registered

Post by burbero » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:57 am

Dublin1 wrote:I know I am not at this stage yet, but is the process when u go to court and do fidelity declaration , do u get document from them on same day ?
or u wait for the court to send a dcoument which u need to attach with chaeque to be sent INIS ?
They sign and give back your yellow form (sent by DOJ with your naturalization approval letter) in the court immediately after you make the declaration. So you can sent all the packet (form , photos, GNIB card, cheque) on the same day.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:54 pm

I am told that the Certificate of Naturalisation takes about 2 to 4 weeks to issue once you submit the relevant documents (i.e. Form 7, bank draft, photos and GNIB card). A friend of mine got his within 2 weeks. however this might take some more time currently due to two reasons;
i. the two week impending christmas break!
ii. the large number of people who will be taking oaths in court--e.g. today in Dublin court there were about 200 people who took the oath whereas on a normal day it would be only 10!
So this backlog will also build up on the people who are issuing certs of naturalisation!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks for the clairfication