ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit and claiming Dental treatment charges

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Universal Credit and claiming Dental treatment charges

Post by khan_81 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:27 am

Hello everyone.

I like to know what is considered as Take home pay when it comes to claiming help with NHS costs. I am confused about it and am not getting the right answer.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Universal Credit and claiming Dental treatment charges

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:52 am

For help with NHS cost eg dental costs, there are two different types of help, 1. Automatic help if you get a qualifying benefit and 2. the low income scheme. For 1. As you have stated UC in your title, for universal credit then a person will be eligible for automatic help if they receive UC and:

you either:

receive Universal Credit and either had no earnings or had net earnings of £435 or less in your last Universal Credit assessment period or

receive Universal Credit, which includes an element for a child, or you (or your partner) had limited capability for work (LCW) or limited capability for work and work-related activity (LCWRA), and you either had no earnings or net earnings of £935 or less in your last Universal Credit assessment period.

If you're part of a couple, the net earnings threshold applies to your combined net earnings.

It’s NET earnings received, so that is from employed or self-employed and less any NI, income tax or pension contributions.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.