ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query - Early application for renewal. Plz advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Urgent query - Early application for renewal. Plz advise

Post by santosh_kotha » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone please advise me on my issue. Presently I am on HSMP visa which is due to expire on 31 Mar 2009. As far as my knowledge, I can only apply extenison under Tier 1 only within 5-6 weeks before my visa expires. That is, I can only apply in 3rd week of February 2009.

My question is, can I make an early application. Because, I lost my job in last month. Now I am unemployed. I am looking for another job. But unfortunately I had only 3 months valid visa left on my passport. Most of my job applications are getting rejected based on this. They say, I should have atleast 6 months or 1 year valid visa. I use to say that I already qualified for next extension. It is not a problem at all. But I can only apply in 3rd week of Feb as per rules. But they are not satisfying with my answer.

I already qualified for extension. I had enough earnings and also maintained funds for last 3 months. Can anyone please advise me, whether I can apply early extension or not. If I can, could you please give me the guidelines. I mean, how can I support my early application and what sort of documents do I need to produce.

My present visa expires on 31 MAr 2009. If I go for early extension, will I get my extension from 1st Apr 2009 or from the date which I applied.

PLZZZZ..... can someone advise ASAP.

Thanks a lot

Santhosh

gradkg
Newly Registered

Post by gradkg » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi Santhosh,

I have the same query. I guess you could apply before hand provided you have a valid reason. I have seen an instance in this forum where early application for T1 extension has been approved successfully. Bear in mind, its upto the caseworker.

My Visa is expiring by end of Feb and wanted to apply for tier 1 extension a bit earlier (i.e. 2nd week of Jan) as I need to attend my cousin’s wedding in India in mid Feb. I am not fully convinced whether the caseworker will accept my request though I will be applying only two weeks earlier. Note that I have the invitation and eTickets.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

Post by engrmbk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:54 am

Hi Santosh,

Yes you can apply earlier and you have a valid reason. I have copied below a post from a member who applied 3 months earlier and got approval. this post is available if you follow the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=700

Good luck.
Basharat

ns7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 3 years extension under HSMP JR. All the posts here helped me in filing my case successfully and I would like to thank you all for this.
Details:
(1) Initial visa's expiry date was Feb 2009.
(2) Applied in last week of Nov as planning to travel to India in Jan 2009 and advance extension would also help my wife in getting her job contract extended on time (as its end date is based on the initial visa's expiry date). I mentioned this in my cover letter and also enclosed the first page of her job contract.
(3)Enclosed standard evidences i.e. my last 12 months salary slips, bank statements, company letter, initial HSMP approval letter (along with initial application receipt email), Marriage certificate and kid's birth certificate.
(4) Used postal orders and included self-addressed Royal mail Special delivery envelope for return of documents.
(5)Got papers back today and extension is till Feb 2012.

The letter which I got from UKBA along with my passports is saying that leave has been approved for a period Feb 2012 and this will be sufficient to take me to the current qualifying threshold for settlement. But I am not sure on this. My initial EC date was Feb 2007 but I came to UK in May 2007 (first entry) so I would be completing 5 years in May 2012 but my extension is till Feb 2012. Though its a long time but it would be of great help if some member can put his/her thoughts on this.

Thanks & Regards,
ns7

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Post by santosh_kotha » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Thank you very much Basharat and Gradkg. Your replys are much helpful. i will go for early extension in 1st week of Jan and let you know my experience.

Thanks a lot again.

Santhosh

santosh_kotha
Newly Registered

Post by santosh_kotha » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi Basharat,

Do I need to show any proofs for my early extension. As I said, I have only a valid reason for early extension but unfortunately I dont have any proofs for it. Could you please advise me.

Thanks,
Santhosh