ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite leave to enter or ROA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cctocc

indefinite leave to enter or ROA

Post by cctocc » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:40 am

Dear All

I am a British citizen (naturalized) and my wife is a permanent resident of the UK. Our child was born in China and holds a Chinese passport.

We plan to move back to the UK next year. Because China does not recognize dual nationality, I need to apply for a visa for my son. If he applies as my dependent , we can have ROA as my understanding, but can he apply for indefinite leave to enter as a dependent of my wife even though I was already a British citizen when he was born?

Many thanks

Ryan

meself2
Ireland

Re: indefinite leave to enter or ROA

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:42 am

If he's a British citizen, he, technically, can't be granted a visa, if I understand your situation correctly. ROA might be your main option (or British passport and Chinese travel document if youre willing to do this other way around).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.