ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to naturalize a 12 year old kid.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iceman809
Taiwan

How to naturalize a 12 year old kid.

Post by iceman809 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:50 am

Please help me answer this question. My 12-year-old child was born in Canada and lives in Canada. I was naturalized in the UK in 2021 after my child was born, and I now live in Canada with my child. I plan to go back to London to go to school next year. In this case, how can I naturalize my child in the UK? (I want to apply in Canada) or should I first apply for permanent residence or some kind of visa before naturalizing my child. I couldn't find a clear answer on GOV.UK. Also, do you have any good professional lawyers to recommend? thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to naturalize a 12 year old kid.

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:26 am

Your child needs to move to the uk on a visa. There is no automatic citizenship route for children born abroad before you became british

Where is the other parent? Are they also moving to the uk?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iceman809
Taiwan

Re: How to naturalize a 12 year old kid.

Post by iceman809 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:21 am

thank you for your help,The parents divorced and the father raised the children alone. If the father has a passport that is a British citizen, can the child apply for permanent residence entry clearance in Canada and then enter the country for settlement?