ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of country for more than 100 days

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spudlover
Newly Registered
Ireland

Out of country for more than 100 days

Post by Spudlover » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:46 pm

I am on a critical work permit and have been in Ireland for over 6 years. I waited a bit longer to apply for citizenship as I have been away from the country for more than 100 days for 4 years out of ~7 years. Some have been business trips but mainly the trips have been for personal reasons - holidays or visiting family.

Am I still eligible to apply? I want to be honest about my time away from the country, but some people have advised me to omit info about some of the trips as they think that the info will not be verified.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Out of country for more than 100 days

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:53 am

I vaguely remember answering something similar. Have you asked this question before?

In short - do you want to risk possible citizenship revocation (which they technically can do) for this?

I've heard on a grapevine work related absences might not count against you, but can't say for certain.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Spudlover
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Spudlover » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:48 am

No no, it wasn't me :D

I am going to be honest in my application. If I was out for 100 days (in just 1 year out of 5) for personal reasons, would that disqualify me?

AHC01
Newly Registered
Panama

Post by AHC01 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 am

The new guidance is much more specific now:
Applicants can be absent from the State during this period for up to 70 days either as one period or an aggregate of periods. An additional period of 30 days absence from the State due to exceptional circumstances may also be considered e.g. exceptional circumstances relating to the applicant or a family member in the context of health requirements, employment, study and/or voluntary service abroad. Determining whether circumstances are accepted as exceptional is at the discretion of the Minister.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/

Touraxe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Touraxe » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:20 pm

I had 2 years where I was out of the country for more than 42 days (this was the limit when I was applying), and I basically waited extra before applying for the duration of those days. For me, this was 50 days for one year and around 60 for another, so I waited an extra 110 days from he date I would have been eligible to apply. This is excluding business trips by the way, if you can get a letter from your company, you can deduct those from your calculations.

This was the advice from my solicitor, and I got my application approved recently, waiting for the ceremony invite.

So I would suggest being honest about your travel dates for sure, just wait a bit extra before applying.

Spudlover
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Spudlover » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:01 pm

Touraxe wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:20 pm
I had 2 years where I was out of the country for more than 42 days (this was the limit when I was applying), and I basically waited extra before applying for the duration of those days. For me, this was 50 days for one year and around 60 for another, so I waited an extra 110 days from he date I would have been eligible to apply. This is excluding business trips by the way, if you can get a letter from your company, you can deduct those from your calculations.
Thank you! That is great to know. May I know if you provided a list of the dates you were out of the country for both business as well as personal reasons with your application?

Touraxe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Touraxe » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Spudlover wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:01 pm
Touraxe wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:20 pm
Thank you! That is great to know. May I know if you provided a list of the dates you were out of the country for both business as well as personal reasons with your application?
No documents for personal travels, just for business travels. But I had a GoogleSheet where I calculated how many eligible days I had. It showed when I deducted the personal days, the total would be more than 1825 days. I added a copy of that sheets with my application.