ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of teaching of the course complete and new entrants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naz1204
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Letter of teaching of the course complete and new entrants

Post by Naz1204 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:40 am

Hi everyone,

I have two queries that I would appreciate your input on:

Firstly, I've recently received a letter from the University which states the following:

"The student has now completed all classes on the above course. As teaching on this course is now complete, the student is considered 'out of term' by ABC University, and therefore entitled to work full-time under the terms of their Student Visa."

I'm wondering if this letter alone is sufficient for me to apply for a skilled worker visa before my student visa expires in 2.5 months' time?

Secondly, I recently completed my MSc and am currently above 26 years old. Would I still be considered a "New Entrant," making me eligible for the lower salary requirement (70% of 26.2k)?

Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Letter of teaching of the course complete and new entrants

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:18 pm

The letter from the university is confirmation that your studies have finished and nothing more. It does not allow you to apply for a skilled worker visa. You will require a COS from a licensed sponsor in order to apply for a SW visa.

Your second point in regards new entrant - based on the information supplied I believe you would qualify as a new entrant

Naz1204
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Naz1204 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:06 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I have recently received email confirmation from my employer regarding course completion.
Also, I have been offered by an employer with a skilled job offer.

However, I am not sure if I can apply for the position with a lower salary than £26200 as a new entrant (new graduate) but age above 26. the employer offered me £22,425 for the position which is not in the shortage occupation list (dental Nurse).

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:29 pm

The "under 26" or "job in a shortage occupation" conditions are only two within the criteria used. There are other conditions that employers can use to pay less than the usual going rate.

Having completed a degree in the UK recently is another of those. The age doesn't matter.

Another factor to consider is the work hours per week in the CoS.

See: SWV: When you can be paid less

effell007

Post by effell007 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:09 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:29 pm
The "under 26" or "job in a shortage occupation" conditions are only two within the criteria used. There are other conditions that employers can use to pay less than the usual going rate.

Having completed a degree in the UK recently is another of those. The age doesn't matter.

Another factor to consider is the work hours per week in the CoS.

See: SWV: When you can be paid less
Thank you for your input. however, the 2nd condition below from Gov.uk makes it a little confusing whether the candidate has to meet both under 26 and recent graduate criteria as they are in the same line.
you’re under 26, studying or a recent graduate, or in professional training

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:14 pm

This is also explained later in the same link:
You’re under 26, studying or a recent graduate, or in professional training

You can be paid 70% of your job’s usual going rate if one of the following applies:
  • you’re under 26 on the date you apply
  • you’re currently in the UK on a Student visa studying at bachelor’s degree level or above - or you have been in the last 2 years, and a Student or visit visa was your most recent visa

Naz1204
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Naz1204 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:43 am

lolo2 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:14 pm
This is also explained later in the same link:
You’re under 26, studying or a recent graduate, or in professional training

You can be paid 70% of your job’s usual going rate if one of the following applies:
  • you’re under 26 on the date you apply
  • you’re currently in the UK on a Student visa studying at bachelor’s degree level or above - or you have been in the last 2 years, and a Student or visit visa was your most recent visa
Thank you. Much appreciated your input and clarification.