ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence, IELTS Certificate not Accepted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

QMN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Long Residence, IELTS Certificate not Accepted

Post by QMN » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Dear Respected Admin and Moderators,

I arrived in the UK on a student visa in 2011. At the time of obtaining my entry clearance visa, I provided my college with an IELTS Academic certificate, scoring 5, in order to receive a CAS letter.
In 2014, I changed my visa category to Discretionary Leave to Remain outside of the immigration rules. Now, after completing 10 years, I have applied for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) on the basis of long residence and submitted my 2011 IELTS certificate. However, today I received an email from the Home Office regarding my old IELTS certificate.Home office refused to accept IELTS provided at the time of EC and ask me to book English test in 28 days and provide booking Evidence.

My question is, should I book an English test again, or should I send an email to the Home Office explaining that the IELTS certificate was used at the time of obtaining my previous visa for the CAS letter?

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR Long Residence, IELTS Certificate not Accepted

Post by meself2 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:47 pm

I'm not an expert in this, but it sounds like you provided your certificate to university, not UKVI, so I wouldn't expect HO concession to apply.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:49 pm

You need a new test.

IELTS Academic isn't accepted for ILR. You need IELTS SELT B1.

What did you study for, a degree? Did you complete your degree?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

QMN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by QMN » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:49 pm
You need a new test.

IELTS Academic isn't accepted for ILR. You need IELTS SELT B1.

What did you study for, a degree? Did you complete your degree?
Yes, I completed the full course for which I obtained an entry clearance visa. I studied EFL (English as a Foreign Language) at Sheffield City Government College. I completed the one-year course in 2011-12.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:55 am

An acceptable UK degree is a UK Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD :!:
Just sit the SELT exam
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

QMN
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by QMN » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:18 am

Hello everyone, Just to share my Good news of ILR long Residence approval and Successful application. I received confirmation email yesterday. I sent by email to Homeoffice my B1 SELT English test result from Trinity College day before yesterday.

Thanks to Almighty Allah.
Thanks to this forum. I will share my timeline soon.