ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than 150 pts proof of residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

genosse
Newly Registered
Indonesia

More than 150 pts proof of residency

Post by genosse » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:35 am

Hi,

I am submitting my citizenship/naturalisation application and I am wondering if it is possible to submit two type A documents amounting to 200 points instead of 1 type A and 1 type B documents (150 points) for proof of residency? The thing is, I have been living with two Irish pensioners for the past 5 years and we do everything informally. I do not have a rental agreement (they don't want the hassle) and I pay no bills since everything is included in my rental. I do have internet bills starting from 2020 and credit card statements starting from 2022, but I have nothing under Type B for 2018 and 2019. I am wondering if anyone here has any advice regarding this before I consult an immigration solicitor.

On a separate note, how many months of bank or credit card statements do I need to provide? The whole year or only a couple of months?

Thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: More than 150 pts proof of residency

Post by meself2 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:38 am

You can't use two Type A proofs for 200. You need one each to get 150.

Lack of renal agreement is convenient, but it might backfire, as you see now. Not sure what types of proof you could give.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

genosse
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by genosse » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:19 am

Thank you for that. I suppose a consultation with a solicitor is a must now.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:49 pm

You’ll need to submit an affadavit, as described in the Guidance document. I’d add your landlords as your references and note that in your affadavit, so ISD are free to contact them for proof you’ve been living with them. I’d also go back to the second last scorecard and see what documents you have from there to offer. Be aware that a wifi bill isn’t a utility bill, so I’d consider including second-last scoresheet items up until 2022.

I suspect ISD’s response will also depend on what your Type A is. For instance if it is a record of full time employment from a job that can’t be done remotely or heavy POS transactions they will care less about alternatives for B. If it is eg a self employment tax return or benefits statement it counts as full A points, but in light of not having standard B proof they don’t have the weight of evidence you were in country. (I’m not saying you weren’t, but they won’t have the paper trail to allow them to show why approving you is a reasonable decision.)

Meself2 is right that you can’t submit 2 type As for 200 points. But if you submit an affadavit and what you have, and ISD wants to discuss, I’d suggest you have the full 60 months of bank statements to hand to offer them. They won’t take 60 months (it would be considered an inappropriately invasive amount of data for them to hold on you) but your ability and willingness to provide that would be viewed positively. And they may ask for 3 months per year and be happy with that.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:58 pm

And for anyone who hasn’t applied yet - get your RTB/lease formalised or a utility bill in your name.

The leeway on this stuff is going to reduce: I strongly suspect we’ll see ISD remove or strongly frustrate the affidavit route once they are confident their online system works. They will want to streamline types of proof so they can process more quickly and with less ambiguity for their staff. They’ll say people have had several years of warning since the scorecard approach came in to regularise their affairs and tell people to wait until they do have appropriate documents to apply.

genosse
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by genosse » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:55 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:49 pm
You’ll need to submit an affadavit, as described in the Guidance document. I’d add your landlords as your references and note that in your affadavit, so ISD are free to contact them for proof you’ve been living with them. I’d also go back to the second last scorecard and see what documents you have from there to offer. Be aware that a wifi bill isn’t a utility bill, so I’d consider including second-last scoresheet items up until 2022.

I suspect ISD’s response will also depend on what your Type A is. For instance if it is a record of full time employment from a job that can’t be done remotely or heavy POS transactions they will care less about alternatives for B. If it is eg a self employment tax return or benefits statement it counts as full A points, but in light of not having standard B proof they don’t have the weight of evidence you were in country. (I’m not saying you weren’t, but they won’t have the paper trail to allow them to show why approving you is a reasonable decision.)

Meself2 is right that you can’t submit 2 type As for 200 points. But if you submit an affadavit and what you have, and ISD wants to discuss, I’d suggest you have the full 60 months of bank statements to hand to offer them. They won’t take 60 months (it would be considered an inappropriately invasive amount of data for them to hold on you) but your ability and willingness to provide that would be viewed positively. And they may ask for 3 months per year and be happy with that.
Thank you for this advice, Vardar. This is really helpful.