ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application for Foreign spouse

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aeun-flux
Mood:
United Kingdom

OCI Application for Foreign spouse

Post by aeun-flux » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:38 pm

Good evening all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well. And looking forward to the Christmas/Festive season with their loved ones....

This is the first time am posting in a different section, every piece of advice will be massively appreciated:

I am naturalized British and my spouse is from EU, we got married in 2011 and had our marriage certificate apostilled. We recently had our second child and thought of getting them OCI card (me being a OCI holder). I also wanted to apply for my spouse (and I did). After 8 weeks of seeing paint dry, we received communication that our marriage certificate with apostille needs to be provided (which we did initially). After we sent it via email, we received the following reply:

"Dear Sir/Madam

Greetings from High Commission of India, London
Reference trailing email, attached marriage certificate was apostilled in 19.08.2011.

Apostille should be done in last 6 months. Hence, please get the document apostilled again.

After the document is apostilled please submit it at VFS(with an appointment) for counter attestation by the High Commission.

Please see the following links:

Counter Attestation:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/in ... unt_Number

Appointment:
Please refer to the given link to book an appointment for the Consular services: https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/appointment_home/"

I dont understand...why do we need to get it apostilled again ? or is that the norm ?

Or do we need to get the existing apostilled, counter attested..?

Please please advice..