ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian High Commission lost UK Naturalisation Certificate- how to get replacement?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sm12
Diamond Member

Indian High Commission lost UK Naturalisation Certificate- how to get replacement?

Post by sm12 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:45 pm

My brother applied for OCI and renounced Indian citizenship when he got BC recently.

He had to send his original naturalisation certificate, Indian passport and surrender certificate.

For some reason, even though he paid for secure delivery, the naturalised certificate and passport didn't arrive. Only the surrender certificate did.

Unfortunately, the High Commission has not helped at all. They just keep saying we returned everything and that's it. Not sure about this because my brother said that the envelope did not arrive damaged or opened.

He's disabled and quite unwell, so I'm doing everything possible to support him and have even gone to the High Commission in person, but to no avail.

Can someone advise what documents are needed for him to apply for a replacement naturalisation certificate and how long this might take? Also, can he prove his identity for this purpose with his British passport?

Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Indian High Commission lost UK Naturalisation Certificate- how to get replacement?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:08 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Indian High Commission lost UK Naturalisation Certificate- how to get replacement?

Post by sm12 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:08 pm
Please refer to this web site:
https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate
Thank you. Will he have to provide any proof other than his UK passport?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:28 pm

Please supply what is requested.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.