ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent visa extension asking for extra NHS surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudheerk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

PBS Dependent visa extension asking for extra NHS surcharge

Post by sudheerk » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:41 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on Tier2 visa in 2014 got ILR in Aug 2019. My wife came to UK in Jan 2019 as my dependent(when I was Tier2). on 24th Sept this year I have applied for her PBS dependent visa extension for another 1 year 3 months, since she is not yet finished 5 years to apply for ILR. I have selected Dependent Partner(skilled worker) type and I was asked to pay £936 for NHS surcharge.

On 13th November, we received an email saying her visa extension application was successful and granted stay until Nov 2026, I was bit surprised that Home Office granted 3 year stay though we applied for 1 year 3months visa(as far as I know, Tier2 visa max stay is 6 years). after couple of hours we got another email saying that The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application and unable to conclude the application at this time as they require payment of the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), the link is asking me to to pay another £936. If I don't pay by 25th November they said they will take a decision on the informaiton they alrady have.

on 15th November, we received her BRP card with expiry date 31st December 2024(which is normal for all BRP cards) and visa type is "Dependent Parter", previous BRP has visa type was "PBS Dependent".

We called Home office help line number, they asked us to send an email to admin.review.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, I have sent an email yesterday but not received any response yet.

I have following questions:

1. I selected Dependent Partner(skilled worker) in application, is it the correct application type for old Tier2 PBS dependent extension?
2. Is "Dependent Parter" Visa type going to reset my wife's PBS Dependent visa clock?
3. Do I have to submit administrative review?
4. How do I contact home office on this issue and get clarity by 25th November.
6. If I don't pay by 25th November will they reduce the stay or reject whole application and can cancel new BRP card?

can any one pleae kindly help me?

thanks
Sudheer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent visa extension asking for extra NHS surcharge

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:49 pm

1. I selected Dependent Partner(skilled worker) in application, is it the correct application type for old Tier2 PBS dependent extension?
Correct application yes.
2. Is "Dependent Parter" Visa type going to reset my wife's PBS Dependent visa clock?
No.
3. Do I have to submit administrative review?
No, for what??
4. How do I contact home office on this issue and get clarity by 25th November.
You have not paid the required IHS. A Skilled Worker Dependent visa is for 3 years if the main application has ILR. This is clearly stated in the immigration rules. You cannot choose to apply for a lesser time period.
6. If I don't pay by 25th November will they reduce the stay or reject whole application and can cancel new BRP card?
Who knows. As it is approved and BRP card received.

Note also there is NO "6 year limit" for dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sudheerk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sudheerk » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:53 pm

thanks your for your response,

If I make the another £936 payment. will I get a refund when my wife switches to ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:02 pm

sudheerk wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:53 pm
If I make the another £936 payment. will I get a refund when my wife switches to ILR?
No.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sudheerk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sudheerk » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:25 pm

Hi @CR001,

I have paid the extra NHS surcharge, just now I got another email from worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk asking me to pay some more payment. this looks like scam email but email root domain is correct.

they sent a word doc to fill card details and email it back.

below link says that the fee for upto 3 years inside uk is £827. I have paid £719.

We have applied on 24th September.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... h-it-costs

I'm ok to pay this remaining amount but I'm not sure if home office ask for payments this way. for extra NHS surcharge they sent a link which looked very genuine. latest email does not container application ref number any where.

As I mentioned earlier we already got BRP card.

please clear my confusion and sorry for coming back again and again.

following is the content of the email.

is this a genuine home office message?

thanks

=====================================
THE ABOVE APPLICANT HAS NOT SUBMITTED A VALID IMMIGRATION APPLICATION

You have attempted to make an application for permission to stay in the United Kingdom.

The application is not yet valid. We have set out below what is missing from your application.

You must provide all of the missing information within 10 working days from the date of this e-mail otherwise your application will be rejected as invalid.

What is missing

Incorrect or no fee paid

The specified fee has not been paid. You can find information on our current fees at https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... h-it-costs

The statement below provides more detail about your failure to pay the specified fee and the steps you must now take to validate your application.

Although you have made a payment, it is not the correct amount. You must now pay the balance of £827. Please now follow the instructions in the guidance notes on the application form and send a completed payment slip with the balance amount. You must complete all sections of the payment slip attached. The reason you need to pay this additional fee is because you application was made after 4th October 2023, Skilled worker application fees increase from £719 to £827 after 4th October 2023.

Please complete the attached form and send it to worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk within 10 working days quoting your application reference.

Should you wish to pay the top-up fee of by cheque please send the cheque, together with the completed payment slip to the address stated below:-

Department 600
UKVI
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

When we have received a completed valid application, we will consider it in accordance with the Immigration Rules and published policies. If you require further advice about your eligibility under the Immigration Rules, visit our website at www.gov.uk/uk-visas-immigration.

Consequences if you do not provide this information

If we do not receive this missing information within 10 days of the date of this letter, even if you have already enrolled your biometrics, your application will be rejected as invalid. If your leave has expired, you will become an overstayer.

From the 18 March 2016, new fees regulations will allow the Home Office to retain an administration fee on in country charged applications that are rejected as invalid. The fee is £25 per person included in the application.

If you do not provide the missing information requested in this letter, your application will be rejected as invalid and the Home Office will refund your payment, minus the administration fee.

If you submit a new application, the date of that application will be the date that it is posted, delivered by courier or accepted at a premium service centre.

Thank you
Work Sponsored Routes Team
Visas and Citizenship
UK Visas & Immigration
Home Office