ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permission to Remain As Spouse Form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mavs33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Permission to Remain As Spouse Form

Post by Mavs33 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Hey

On the permission to remain in state on basis of marriage some of the documentation asked for is evidence of applicants residency in Ireland, bank statements for 12 months minimum and utility bills

My husband does not yet have an Irish bank account or a utility bill in his name so is unable to provide this information.

Can anyone inform me on what happens if this is the case? I plan to explain it in section 7 but I'd like to know if anyone has experience with this being an issue?

Regards,
Mavs

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Permission to Remain As Spouse Form

Post by Angel99 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:28 pm

Mavs33 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:34 pm
Hey

On the permission to remain in state on basis of marriage some of the documentation asked for is evidence of applicants residency in Ireland, bank statements for 12 months minimum and utility bills

My husband does not yet have an Irish bank account or a utility bill in his name so is unable to provide this information.

Can anyone inform me on what happens if this is the case? I plan to explain it in section 7 but I'd like to know if anyone has experience with this being an issue?

Regards,
Mavs
Hi,
It depends on the case worker. Some will accept other proof of residency.

About the proof of residence in the state, i believe you are asked to provide 1 of it. Although 2 evidence makes it easier.

He can provide

*Payslips / or print out of revenue employment history plus if possible, a copy of his foreign bank account if he received his salary in that.
And/ Or
* A note on top of the utility bill that he lives there plus a cover letter from the payee with their address on it and signed. He should also add a letter he received from any government office with his name and address on it. Incase he has lived in the state for 1year, he should add 1 letter dating from the beginning of his residence and a current one.

If he was studying
*a copy of his school fee payments and his enrollment letter.

Plus the second option above.

Maldini
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Permission to Remain As Spouse Form

Post by Maldini » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:45 pm

Hi,

I'm in the same boat, my wife has no proof of residency here yet. They seem to ask for bank accounts, bills, phone etc.
I don't know what we can provide in this case.
I'm afraid the application will be immediately rejected if we can't provide that

Regards