ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Licence for sponsorship- but company in loss

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Licence for sponsorship- but company in loss

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:42 pm

Dear members my scenario is as below.
I am director of limited company in uk which is active since last 5 years. I do submit vat returns every 3 months but unfortunately the company is under little loss now a days but still functioning.
Under these circumstances can I still apply for the license of sponsorship to sponsor a person for his sponsorship work visa ? Please guide

Kind Regards
Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Licence for sponsorship- but company in loss

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:14 pm

Financial stability is not a criteria that is considered. There maybe a question about affordability for a new member of staff or why you are employing them given the loss. But it will not be a cause for outright refusal of a licence.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:42 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:14 pm
Financial stability is not a criteria that is considered. There maybe a question about affordability for a new member of staff or why you are employing them given the loss. But it will not be a cause for outright refusal of a licence.
Thank you very much for your kind response and spending your time to read it. I will elaborate it bit more so you will have better understanding. My company runs amazon and and eBay stores to sell various products. We want an expert in our company who can run digital campaigns, handle the stores according to modern demands for running online business in this age of competition and can help us to increase the revenue. That I can explain to the Home Office while applying for my Licence for sponsorship. I hope this will be ok to satisfy the officer. Any suggestions from any expert are welcomed.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:33 am

As long as the job role SOC meets the requirements for sponsorship and you are paying the appropriate rate of pay or better that is all that is required.

Your explanation will be noted but adds little as long as the above is met.