ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

New application for British Citizenship

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:15 am

Dear Members,

I am in the process of British citizenship application for my wife, I have two questions:

1. Her Indian passport expired on 06/11/2023, hence for residency proof what do I need to provide apart from expired passport + BRP card. What is acceptable proof of residence in this case?
2. Does she need to do English Language test again? as she has passed in 2019 with ILR (granted 2020) but now it has more than 2 years old and has expired.

Thank you,

AB

alterhase58
Germany

Re: New application for British Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:02 am

1. Passport is proof up to expiry date. Find something official covering period from expiry date to date of AN application (maybe P60/payslip or correspondence from HMRC/child benefit/NHS.
2. No - Your wife can rely on the test done for ILR (tick the correct box). The 2 years expiry relates to tests that haven't previously been used for immigration purposes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Thank you for your reply.

She is receiving payslip dated 20/11/2023. Can I do application date 25th or do I need another type of additional document for proof of residency.

This is because I am waiting for refrees to sign declaration in between

Thank you

AB

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:03 pm

The payslip dated 20/11 will be OK.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:20 pm

Thank you. So no additional document required apart from Payslip as I am a little concerned if they do not count 5 days that is from 21st to 25th (date of application)

Thank you for your valuable input

KR

AB

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:25 pm

5 days won't be an issue. she can submit a letter from her employer together with the payslip to confirm that she is employed and have that dated next week. I submitted a letter of employment dated on the 2 May and applied on the 19 May, and it was OK.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:40 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:25 pm
5 days won't be an issue. she can submit a letter from her employer together with the payslip to confirm that she is employed and have that dated next week. I submitted a letter of employment dated on the 2 May and applied on the 19 May, and it was OK.
Thank you. I will do the same. Prompt response highly appreciated.

Kindest regards, have a great rest of the weekend

AB

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:46 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:40 pm
contorted_svy wrote:

AB
Hi Members,

I had other question, is it better to go IDV app route for naturalisation applicatiion?

I am about to submit application today.

Thanks

AB

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:49 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:46 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
contorted_svy wrote:

AB
Hi Members,

I had other question, is it better to go IDV app route for naturalisation applicatiion?

Thanks

AB
My opinion, no go for in person appointment. And as i recall you do not get to decide if its IDV app to use.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
contorted_svy wrote:

AB
Hi Members,

Thanks

AB
If you get an invite to use the IDV app that is what you will have to do, no option to go for an in-person appointment. Likewise if you don't get the invite to use the IDV app you will have to book an in-person appointment.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
contorted_svy wrote:

AB
Hi Members,

Thanks

AB
If you get an invite to use the IDV app that is what you will have to do, no option to go for an in-person appointment. Likewise if you don't get the invite to use the IDV app you will have to book an in-person appointment.
Thank you much appreciated

AB

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:31 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:07 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
contorted_svy wrote:

AB
Hi Members,

Thanks

AB
Thank you much appreciated

AB
Hi there,

Just noticed, Given name on my wife's passport (even expired on 06/11/23) is M******* K*** and there is no surname. How do I fill the surname field as if I leave it blank then it turns red in online application and I have to fill something. Please advise...its urgent as I want to submit application today.

Your precious time much appreciated.

Thanks

AB

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Form AN - Naturalisation application

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:44 am

Hi Members,

Firstly thank you for your time. Few questions below in relation naturalisation application

1. Passport expired on 06/11/23. and to cover period I have received Payslip dated 20th November + Employment letter 22nd November 2023

2. I have received both documents via email and printed in Black and white. Is this right when I go for fingerprint or IDV (if option given)

3. In addition, does the above cover full residence requirement for 3 years as I am planning to submit application on 24th today as I am spouse of British Citizen

4. And finally for entry clearance I have forgotten the fingerprints date when it was taken I have left it blank. Hope this is fine

5. Life in the UK I have given the reference number only. Is that sufficient?

6. As passport is expired, there was a question below:

"Are you able to provide details of your passport using a copy of the information" I have answered NO

Then it asked as below:
"Do you have the details of your most recent expired passport?" I have given passport details accordingly

7. English Language I have mentioned awarding body is "British Council" is this Correct?

8. For residency requirement section I have answered as below:

Do you meet these residence requirements? YES (expired passport 06/11/2023+payslip Nov-23 + employment letter in Nov 23)

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? NO

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? NO

9. I have also provided the expired passport copy with BRP hope this is sufficient?

Thank you for your time. Looking forward for the response for above points

Thanks and KR

AB

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Form AN - Naturalisation application

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:58 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:44 am
Hi Members,

Firstly thank you for your time. Few questions below in relation naturalisation application

1. Passport expired on 06/11/23. and to cover period I have received Payslip dated 20th November + Employment letter 22nd November 2023

2. I have received both documents via email and printed in Black and white. Is this right when I go for fingerprint or IDV (if option given) You will need to upload them, so the printed copy will not be needed, upload the originals

3. In addition, does the above cover full residence requirement for 3 years as I am planning to submit application on 24th today as I am spouse of British Citizen

4. And finally for entry clearance I have forgotten the fingerprints date when it was taken I have left it blank. Hope this is fine Provide a date at the best of your recollection and explain in the cover letter that all dates are at the best of your recollection

5. Life in the UK I have given the reference number only. Is that sufficient? yes

6. As passport is expired, there was a question below:

"Are you able to provide details of your passport using a copy of the information" I have answered NO

Then it asked as below:
"Do you have the details of your most recent expired passport?" I have given passport details accordingly

7. English Language I have mentioned awarding body is "British Council" is this Correct? who did you do the exam with? what does it say on your certificate? you have to put that

8. For residency requirement section I have answered as below:

Do you meet these residence requirements? YES (expired passport 06/11/2023+payslip Nov-23 + employment letter in Nov 23) your evidence covers 3 years so yes

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? NO

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? NO

9. I have also provided the expired passport copy with BRP hope this is sufficient?

Thank you for your time. Looking forward for the response for above points

Thanks and KR

AB

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:10 am

Did you not provide English for your ILR? You should tick the appropriate option.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:09 am

Hi

I did provide.

1. Certificate has centre stamp London west British Council + validation stamp IELTS

Thats why I mentioned British council. Is that fine?

2. Just remembered I had a PCN 2 years ago but dont know where the ticket is now. Even, car is on applicants name but always driven by husband all these years. I guess I dont need to declare anything as I never driven the car (Just a last minute check)

Thanks and KR

AB

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:48 am

You will be alright.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:37 pm

Thank you for all your replies.

I have changed Awarding body to Cambridge English.

Driving is fine, I think she never drove.

Thanks for all your help. Wish us Luck and
please lookafter yourself and your loved ones.

Thanks and KR

AB

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:33 pm

Hi Members,

My wife went for Biometrics today and was not asked for her BRP card. In addition, her passport was expired on 06/11/23.

My question is if expired passport was scanned and no BRP was looked at, is this ok? I hope nothing is missed as far as application process is concerned.

Your response will be appreciated.

KR

AB

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:49 pm

UKVCAS staff do their job. If there is anything missing UKVI will contact you. Did you upload a copy of her BRP? If so, you have done everything.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:12 pm

Hi controrted_svy,

Yes, I have uploaded BRP. Thank you for clarification.

Much appreciated

KR

AB

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:13 pm

Hi Members,

I have applied for Naturalisation and just realised that I was not asked life in the UK certificate copy.

Is that sufficient if I have provided the reference only in the application

Can someone shed some light on this please

Thanks

Amit

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:33 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:13 pm
Hi Members,

I have applied for Naturalisation and just realised that I was not asked life in the UK certificate copy.

Thanks

Amit
You have provided the ref number - that's sufficient as the test results are sent to UKVI by the test centre.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:33 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:13 pm
Hi Members,

Thanks

Amit
You have provided the ref number - that's sufficient as the test results are sent to UKVI by the test centre.
Thank you. Much appreciated.