ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP Card expiring

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pangsjil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR BRP Card expiring

Post by pangsjil » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:41 pm

Hi All,

My ILR BRP Card expiring in Feb 2024 and i'm aware physical BRP cards not required beyond Dec 2024 and everything goes digital. Is it an option to leave my card as is instead of renewing it just for 10 months?

Regards
Pangs

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ILR BRP Card expiring

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:41 pm

pangsjil wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:41 pm
Hi All,

My ILR BRP Card expiring in Feb 2024 and i'm aware physical BRP cards not required beyond Dec 2024 and everything goes digital. Is it an option to leave my card as is instead of renewing it just for 10 months?

Regards
Pangs
No such concession at this moment.
I think you should/need to apply for a replacement card (valid until end 2024). Otherwise, in the meantime, you won't be able to travel, get a job, rent, open bank accounts, apply for benefits, etc, until the new digital system is in place AND working.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pangsjil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pangsjil » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:15 am

Thanks. Even if i dont have any travel , job, rent, bank accounts, benefits, still need to do it ?

and also the new BRP card can take up to 6 months which is already Aug 2024.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:23 am

If you don't expect to have to prove your immigration status that's fine.
It's the unexpected times you need to be prepared for. People demanding the proof won't be sympathetic.
There's no official guidance on the transition as far as I know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:57 pm

pangsjil wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:15 am
Thanks. Even if i dont have any travel , job, rent, bank accounts, benefits, still need to do it ?

and also the new BRP card can take up to 6 months which is already Aug 2024.
This has been answered many many times. Your ILR BRP is NOT a visa in which your legal status is lost after expiry, ILR status is permanent and has nothing to do with the expiry date of the card. A BRP is just a means to prove your settled status. If you do not need the means to prove your settled status, you should face no issues.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:00 pm

pangsjil wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:41 pm
Hi All,

Regards
Pangs
This is your decision to make. Just be aware that unforeseen matter may crop up that warrants you to show or prove this.
It doesn't cost an arm or leg.

pangsjil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pangsjil » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:42 pm

Thanks All.

DiazSingh
Newly Registered
India

Post by DiazSingh » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:58 am

Strong recommendation: if the card has an expiry date then get a new card. It is free to get. What's the harm in getting it ?