ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by logicalthinker52 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:50 pm

That's not the case for me. I got the email about to forward to NVB based on my second e-vetting form, and I got the NVB link this afternoon.

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:13 pm

I got the second invitation email last week (Monday), filled it in, and got the NVB invite this Saturday. I just filled in the NVB form. Fingers crossed :) (I have not received the confirmation email from NVB yet, does it take some time to come through?)

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:23 pm

I’ve filled out both, first from May and second from this month and still have nothing from the NVB. Glad to see there's still no consistency in this process. :?

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:32 pm

adeels84 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:13 pm
I got the second invitation email last week (Monday), filled it in, and got the NVB invite this Saturday. I just filled in the NVB form. Fingers crossed :) (I have not received the confirmation email from NVB yet, does it take some time to come through?)
Got the confirmation email. It was just a little late. (tense 15 mins caz I was not sure if I had entered the wrong email :shock: )
Also, to the people that have not gotten it yet, hang in there everyone :) hopefully you will get it soon <3

Ire_dub17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ire_dub17 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:16 pm

Got an email that my application has been forwarded to INIS on 17th Nov currently in progress now. Surprisingly, My first evetting still haven't moved anywhere unlike this second one which i refilled it again in November.

lets see how long would this take :D

Balea
Ireland

Post by Balea » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am

For those who got e-vetting approval. I got today my approval letter and there is a sentence that states:

"If you wish to be considered for inclusion in the upcoming Citizenship Ceremonies due to be held on 18th/19th December 2023 in the convention Centre, Dublin, it is essential that you complete the steps below (fees payment) within 10 days from the date of this letter"

Fingers crossed to those that you got e-veting approved and you haven't heard anything in months. You might get approved and invited to December's ceremony

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:17 pm

Balea wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:04 am
For those who got e-vetting approval. I got today my approval letter and there is a sentence that states:

"If you wish to be considered for inclusion in the upcoming Citizenship Ceremonies due to be held on 18th/19th December 2023 in the convention Centre, Dublin, it is essential that you complete the steps below (fees payment) within 10 days from the date of this letter"

Fingers crossed to those that you got e-veting approved and you haven't heard anything in months. You might get approved and invited to December's ceremony
Congrats! Hoping my e-vetting can complete soon!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Has anyone received the status update "Application Received" many days after the "In Progress (NVB)" update on the NVB tracker site?

I can't seem to find this update anywhere and not sure what it could mean as it doesn't really make sense.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:26 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:18 pm
Has anyone received the status update "Application Received" many days after the "In Progress (NVB)" update on the NVB tracker site?

I can't seem to find this update anywhere and not sure what it could mean as it doesn't really make sense.
If it’s the one I think it is it means NVB have sent to ISD and ISD have received.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:50 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:26 pm
sairsint wrote:

If it’s the one I think it is it means NVB have sent to ISD and ISD have received.
Possibly, I just can't find that type of update anywhere. I also thought it would say application complete (assuming no issues) and then they create the disclosure which is then received/viewed by the ISD.

23 Nov 23
4:23 PM
Application received

17 Nov 23
11:22 AM
In Progress (NVB)

11:19 AM
Application submitted to NVB for processing

16 Nov 23
11:39 AM
Application awaiting review by registered organisation

10:15 AM
Invitation sent to applicant

10:09 AM
Invitation being prepared by NVB

10:00 AM
Invitation received by NVB

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:01 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:50 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:26 pm
sairsint wrote:

Possibly, I just can't find that type of update anywhere. I also thought it would say application complete (assuming no issues) and then they create the disclosure which is then received/viewed by the ISD.

23 Nov 23
Application received

17 Nov 23
In Progress (NVB)

16 Nov 23

It has only appeared recently. The last few evetting applications I saw earlier this week has them. One of them has resulted in an ISD approval today, so it doesn’t indicate a problem.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:18 pm

Good to know, thanks! It definitely threw me a bit, so hopefully it's approved soon enough.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:25 pm

And of course right after I post this it now updated to:

Application scheduled for completion

So I guess others that run into this will now know as well.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:04 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:25 pm

Mine is like this:

24 Nov 23
12:32 PM
Application received
17 Nov 23
12:43 PM
In Progress (NVB)
12:35 PM

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:18 pm

logicalthinker52 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:04 pm
sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:25 pm

Mine is like this:

24 Nov 23
12:32 PM
Application received
17 Nov 23
12:43 PM
In Progress (NVB)
12:35 PM
Mine is now done, so you should be soon too.

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:18 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:50 pm

23 Nov 23
Application received

17 Nov 23
In Progress (NVB)

16 Nov 23

Mine was pretty much exactly the same, just a day behind yours. So hopefully it I will see some update Monday or Tuesday.

24 Nov 23
4:31 PM
Application received
17 Nov 23
2:29 PM
In Progress (NVB)
2:20 PM
13 Nov 23
6:09 PM
11 Nov 23
9:16 AM
9:09 AM
9:00 AM

Does anyone have any idea how long the department takes to make a decision after they have received the vetting report?

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:29 pm

Based on other timeline the approval can be 1-2 months from this point. :roll:

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:38 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:29 pm

goddamn :shock: :shock: I hope they are quick and we can join the December ceremony.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:48 am

adeels84 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:38 pm
sairsint wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:29 pm

goddamn :shock: :shock: I hope they are quick and we can join the December ceremony.
Don’t get your hopes up; that’s not going to happen. This has to be one of the slowest, most bureaucratic government processes I’ve ever encountered.

To make people wait months for an approval is one thing, but to then have the indecency to make them wait months more just to attend a ceremony (somewhere in the country often last minute) where they still don’t receive their certificate is the real kick in the teeth. That will take additional weeks to months (yes I’ve seen it take months) for it to arrive in the post. Only then may they apply for their first passport which can take up to two months.

So from point of approval to receiving a passport can take up to a half a year or more. The same time other similar countries can complete the entire citizenship process :roll:

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:10 am

And for those that received two evetting invitations, I received a response from the TD making contact to the ISD on my behalf:

It would appear that, due to an anomaly in the system, some applicants have received repeat e-Vetting invitations. As [my name] has already submitted the e-Vetting consent form, [my name] can ignore any subsequent emails regarding same.

Why this department could not inform the applicants directly is beyond me.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:37 am

sairsint wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:10 am
And for those that received two evetting invitations, I received a response from the TD making contact to the ISD on my behalf:

It would appear that, due to an anomaly in the system, some applicants have received repeat e-Vetting invitations. As [my name] has already submitted the e-Vetting consent form, [my name] can ignore any subsequent emails regarding same.

The fact is if I had ignored the second e-vetting link, I wouldn't have been forwarded the NVB link. This is really bizarre.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:48 am

logicalthinker52 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:37 am
sairsint wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:10 am

The fact is if I had ignored the second e-vetting link, I wouldn't have been forwarded the NVB link. This is really bizarre.
Same here. The evetting acknowledge number they used for my NVB was the second one, not the first. What a complete disaster.

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:04 pm

The NVB tracking looks like this now:

25 Nov 23
12:46 PM
In Progress (NVB)
24 Nov 23
4:34 PM
In Progress (NVB)
4:31 PM
Application received
17 Nov 23
2:29 PM
In Progress (NVB)
2:20 PM

Yesh, unfortunately, it seems to be the slowest thing ever. I don't get why they can't just do away with the ceremony or do an online ceremony > Followed by a digital cert (that gets posted to you later too.)>
And you can then use the digital cert to apply for a passport online.
But that would make too much sense...

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm

adeels84 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:04 pm

Yesh, unfortunately, it seems to be the slowest thing ever. I don't get why they can't just do away with the ceremony or do an online ceremony > Followed by a digital cert (that gets posted to you later too.)>
I understand they are working towards lodging the cert directly with GRO - like an Irish birth certificate is. And then the passport office accesses thé cert details direct from the GRO, like they do now with Irish born passport applications needing birth certificates. If you want the physical cert yourself you’d order from GRO like a birth cert. But I’m not holding my breath- I can’t imagine it will happen inside 18 months if not longer.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:51 am

Vadrar wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm
adeels84 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:04 pm

I understand they are working towards lodging the cert directly with GRO - like an Irish birth certificate is. And then the passport office accesses thé cert details direct from the GRO, like they do now with Irish born passport applications needing birth certificates. If you want the physical cert yourself you’d order from GRO like a birth cert. But I’m not holding my breath- I can’t imagine it will happen inside 18 months if not longer.
Unfortunately, there are way fewer folks that are naturalized compared to being born, so I wouldn't expect it to be a priority. That's why Irish birth certs are integrated while naturalization ones still haven't (and they can't even verify the copies at Passport Office now so you must send the original).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.