ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application from DR Congo

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the hurricane

Visa application from DR Congo

Post by the hurricane » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my experience regarding my daughter's visa application at the Irish Embassy. I am an EU national, and I was planning to visit Dublin last Christmas with my non-EU family member.

Here's a timeline of events:

In October 2022, my non-EU family member submitted a visa application at the Irish Embassy in Tanzania as a family member of an EU national. At that time, she was not yet 21 years old. We submitted all the required documents.

In February 2023, her visa application was unexpectedly rejected. The reasons for refusal seemed unclear and included issues such as not providing a passport (only an EU ID card), no evidence of dependency, and generic language copied from a template. it is very clear that the case officier did not read the case at all

In April 2023, my attorney, who is based outside of Ireland, filed an appeal.

In August 2023, the decision was overturned, and a visa was granted to my non-EU family member based on the Directive 2004/38/EC

Our next step is to travel to Ireland and apply for a residence permit for her. If anyone needs assistance or details , please feel free to send me a private message.

Zainab20
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Visa application from DR Congo

Post by Zainab20 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:58 pm

Hi how are you doing ? i have a few questions if you allow

the hurricane

Re: Visa application from DR Congo

Post by the hurricane » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:36 pm

What ask your questions