ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with DWP letter

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cherrystrawberry777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Need help with DWP letter

Post by cherrystrawberry777 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:03 am

Hi all!

My husband is a British citizen and claimed UC and we opened the claim as a couple. I am not eligible to public funds and never received any benefits. I’m on a spouse visa in the UK. My husband has been informed that he has been overpaid. But I received a letter from DWP ON MY name that I’ve been overpaid. This is so frustrating because I’ve never received anything. Why the letter is on my name? It should be on my husband’s name. It it a mistake?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Need help with DWP letter

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:51 am

Why has he been overpaid? Has he repaid the overpayment? Insofar as you failed the HRT and it’s a single claim, then you don’t get UC and they shouldn’t be trying to collect from you,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cherrystrawberry777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cherrystrawberry777 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:36 pm

We have been explained that they will track information about my income online in the real time with HMRC , I’m in full time employment and my husband does not need to report it. Later they told us that they didn’t receive information about my income and my husband should have reported it to them ( they never asked) . Now my they told my husband that there is an overpayment and they sent a letter to me ON MY name that they overpay ME! I’ve never received anything from them , no payments to my account. I’m not eligible. I’m shocked

cherrystrawberry777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cherrystrawberry777 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:37 pm

Amber wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:51 am
Why has he been overpaid? Has he repaid the overpayment? Insofar as you failed the HRT and it’s a single claim, then you don’t get UC and they shouldn’t be trying to collect from you,
We just received this letter on Friday and it’s on my name

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:50 am

Yes although your claim gets closed as you fail the HRT any income/capital you have still needs to be reported to UC each month. You should write to DWP debt management and ask them to remove your name from the debt letters.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cherrystrawberry777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cherrystrawberry777 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Thank you. They told us that the letter is for both of us just for information . However the reference number for debt repayment is my husbands NI number , not mine. Hope it’s ok