ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration question for potential new wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magicman316

immigration question for potential new wife

Post by magicman316 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:40 pm

Hi there,

I married in Pakistan in 2014 and my then wife came here that same year.
We had a son born in 2019. She has got her indefinite leave to remain now and british citizenship too/naturalisation. all complete.

Our marriage has sadly broken down and we have separated.

My query is to do with IF I were to remarry in the near future in Pakistan and bring my new wife here, how exactly will this work?

Just as a note I do not recall ever registering the marriage in the UK but of course as we applied for a spouse visa she will be recognised as my wife. We are not yet divorced, not here nor in Pakistan. Its a complicated situation but I am thinking of remarrying and wanted to know where I stand in terms of any new wife being able to join me here in the UK.

Thank in advance for your help!
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: immigration question for potential new wife

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:14 pm

You need to be divorced first, ie free to marry, before you can bring a new spouse.

Your new marriage date must be after your divorce decree absolute issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.