ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration for children born abroad prior to father’s naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapperpapi
Newly Registered
Philippines

Registration for children born abroad prior to father’s naturalisation

Post by dapperpapi » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:46 am

Hello,

I am a naturalised British citizen after my children were born abroad. My wife doesn’t have plans of living in the UK, let alone hold a family visa or ILR.

Are my minor children, who are all born overseas, eligible for registration under section 3(1) - Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion on form MN1? Or is the only route available for them is for my wife to apply for an ILR then later on add our children to her own naturalisation application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Registration for children born abroad prior to father’s naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:24 am

Are my minor children, who are all born overseas, eligible for registration under section 3(1) - Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion on form MN1?
No tney are not.
Or is the only route available for them is for my wife to apply for an ILR then later on add our children to her own naturalisation application?
They would all have to apply for family visas, live in the uk for 5 years, then all apply for ilr and only then british citizenship.

There is no shortcut route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.