ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Visa (Post study work - PSW visa)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simongates
United Kingdom

Graduate Visa (Post study work - PSW visa)

Post by simongates » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:12 am

I kindly request guidance on the following matters:

Graduate Visa (PSW) Timeline: I would greatly appreciate information on the expected timeline for processing the Graduate Visa application after submission. This information will significantly aid me in aligning the submission of my application with my student visa's expiration to ensure a seamless transition.

Dependant's Visa Extension: As my spouse is currently dependent on my student visa status, I am eager to receive recommendations regarding the appropriate course of action to extend her visa in line with my transition to the Graduate Visa. Your insights on the requisite steps and documentation would be immensely beneficial.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Graduate Visa (Post study work - PSW visa)

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:59 am

simongates wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:12 am
This information will significantly aid me in aligning the submission of my application with my student visa's expiration to ensure a seamless transition.
There is no need to align anything. The earliest you can apply is when your university has notified the Home Office of your qualification. The latest you can apply is the expiry date of your Student visa. Whenever you apply, there is a "seamless transition" from Student visa to Graduate visa.
simongates wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:12 am
As my spouse is currently dependent on my student visa status, I am eager to receive recommendations regarding the appropriate course of action to extend her visa in line with my transition to the Graduate Visa.
She just applies when you do.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:09 pm

Can you please let me know of estimated time period between filing the application and getting the graduate visa decision so i can leave enough time for processing before my student visa expires. I want to apply at the latest time to avail maximum time I have on my student visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:17 pm

simongates wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:09 pm
Can you please let me know of estimated time period between filing the application and getting the graduate visa decision so i can leave enough time for processing before my student visa expires.
The application portal itself gives the estimated processing time, but you do not need to factor that time into your decision of when to apply. You just need to apply before your Student visa expires. If necessary, your Student visa is extended automatically under section 3c leave while the new application is in process.

https://freemovement.org.uk/what-is-sec ... migration/
simongates wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:09 pm
I want to apply at the latest time to avail maximum time I have on my student visa.
As above, you can apply on the last day of your Student visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:43 pm

Thankyou so much! as always the advice is immensely helpful on this forum

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:42 am

can you also please clarify whether I should cease maintaining the bank account associated with the visa application. Given the approved visa status, I am unsure whether we should discontinue maintaining the account while spouse is in home country or persist with it until her arrival in the UK. Your guidance on this matter is highly appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:15 am

simongates wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:42 am
can you also please clarify whether I should cease maintaining the bank account associated with the visa application. Given the approved visa status, I am unsure whether we should discontinue maintaining the account while spouse is in home country or persist with it until her arrival in the UK. Your guidance on this matter is highly appreciated.
Once visa is granted there is no need to keep maintaining the bank balance used in line with getting the visa.

GaganpreetKaur
Newly Registered
India

Post by GaganpreetKaur » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:10 pm

simongates wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:42 am
Please maintain the bank balance until she arrives in the UK as UK has become more active on finding people who are just maintaining the amount for the sake of applying for the visa until she enters the UK please maintain the balance.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:52 pm

I'm currently in the UK on a student visa, pursuing my studies. My spouse has been granted a dependent visa based on my sponsorship, but she hasn't yet arrived in the UK. I'm on track to graduate from my course by the end of October 2023, and my plan is to apply for the Graduate Route visa as soon as I graduate.

Now, here are my questions:

Timing of Spouse's Dependent Visa: Is it necessary for my spouse to be physically present in the United Kingdom before I can apply for both of our Graduate Route visas? We want to ensure a quick decision and ideally have it by the end of January 2024.

Coordinating Visa Applications: I intend to apply for my Graduate Route visa and my spouse's dependent visa concurrently. Are there any tips or best practices for efficiently managing this process?

Application Deadline: Given our goal of receiving a decision before the end of January 2024, when would be the best time to submit our visa applications?

Joint Application or Separate Applications: Will there be a single application for the Graduate Route visa for both me and my spouse, resulting in a single decision, or will I have to create two separate applications, and the decision on each will be separate in time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:34 pm

She must be in the uk to be able to apply for a graduate dependent visa.

She cannot apply for this visa from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:48 pm

Alright. Thankyou very much.

Can you please also answer my other queries ? Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:48 pm

simongates wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:52 pm
Coordinating Visa Applications: I intend to apply for my Graduate Route visa and my spouse's dependent visa concurrently. Are there any tips or best practices for efficiently managing this process?
What issues or problems do you anticipate exactly?
simongates wrote:
Application Deadline: Given our goal of receiving a decision before the end of January 2024, when would be the best time to submit our visa applications?
As soon as she comes to the UK as your dependant. However if you are still thinking the deadline for the outcome is the expiry date of your Student visa, you may have not read my previous reply dated Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:17 pm.
simongates wrote:
Joint Application or Separate Applications: Will there be a single application for the Graduate Route visa for both me and my spouse, resulting in a single decision, or will I have to create two separate applications, and the decision on each will be separate in time?
Separate but obviously linked applications.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm

Thankyou for the valuable information.
Can also please shed some light on a query regarding the travel regulations for dependents of student visa holders. Is it mandatory for the dependent of a student to travel within 90 days of the visa being granted, or if the dependent can choose to travel at any time even after this 90 day period? It's important to note that I am talking about the case where the dependent's visa is valid for less than 6 months and if I am not wrong they may not be expected to transfer the visa onto a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:06 pm

simongates wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
Thankyou for the valuable information.
Can also please shed some light on a query regarding the travel regulations for dependents of student visa holders. Is it mandatory for the dependent of a student to travel within 90 days of the visa being granted, or if the dependent can choose to travel at any time even after this 90 day period? It's important to note that I am talking about the case where the dependent's visa is valid for less than 6 months and if I am not wrong they may not be expected to transfer the visa onto a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
Categorically can not say about this route however for other that's granted, visa has to be used to make entry within 3months of being granted else it becomes forfeited.
Remember applicant is asked in the form about intended travel date/arrival in the UK.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:44 am

simongates wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
Is it mandatory for the dependent of a student to travel within 90 days of the visa being granted, or if the dependent can choose to travel at any time even after this 90 day period? It's important to note that I am talking about the case where the dependent's visa is valid for less than 6 months and if I am not wrong they may not be expected to transfer the visa onto a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
You already asked this same question a few months ago, and I answered.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/student-tier-4- ... l#p2127573

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:57 pm

Could you provide details on the upcoming changes to the fee structure for the Post Study Work (PSW) visa? Specifically, I'd like to understand what aspects of the fee payment will be altered and when these changes are expected to take effect. Could you please share the exact dates for the implementation of these modifications?

Currently the fee structure is as below as stated on official gov.uk website:

How much it costs
When you apply for a Graduate visa, you’ll need to:

pay the £822 application fee
pay the healthcare surcharge - this is usually £624 for each year you’ll be in the UK
You’ll be told how much you need to pay when you apply.

Healthcare surcharge
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge when you apply.

If you’re eligible for a Graduate visa for:

2 years - it will cost £1,248
3 years - it will cost £1,872

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:15 pm

The fees to apply for the Graduate visa were already increased last month and are these you cited here.

The IHS fee will increase from £624 to £1035 per year in January 2024.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:34 pm

Could you kindly share the official link or source where the increase in fees for the Post Study Work (PSW) visa is officially stated? I'd like to access the accurate and up-to-date information regarding the fee raise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:54 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:22 pm

Is it advisable to submit my application for the graduate visa by the last week of December 2023? I came across a forum where someone suggested leaving enough time to avoid the potential Christmas and New Year backlog. What does this mean? and could it potentially lead to the application being subject to new fees, even if submitted well before, that is, at the end of December 2023? I would appreciate any insights or information on this matter

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:28 pm

The fee you pay ia based on the date when you apply.

If it is only processed in january, you will NOT be asked to pay in the difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:35 pm

Shouldn't the fee rules for an application be determined based on the date of submission rather than the processing date? If my application, submitted in December, is processed after January due to a backlog, will any fee differences apply? In such a case, how will I be notified, and what will be the process for paying the difference, considering I would have already paid and submitted my application by then?

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:46 pm

I'm concerned because I wasn't aware that the fee application depends on the processing date rather than the submission date. I had therefore planned differently. With staff on holiday around Christmas and returning after a specified duration, there's a likelihood of processing delays, and it's uncertain how long this might last. If the processing extends beyond mid-January, I might have to pay the difference, and this is causing me some concern.

simongates
United Kingdom

Post by simongates » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm

The core question remains: What determines the fee for the visa— is it the date of submission of application or the application processing date? Because if it is the submission date, there is no point of concern for me. Otherwise, if it is the processing date, I will have to make arrangements for an earlier application.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:01 pm

You were answered above? It's submission date, thats when you pay.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:28 pm
The fee you pay ia based on the date when you apply.

If it is only processed in january, you will NOT be asked to pay in the difference.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.