ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate Maintenance - Carers allowance calculation confusion.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Adequate Maintenance - Carers allowance calculation confusion.

Post by nitram1000 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:55 pm

Hi,

I am hoping to bring my wife over from Ecuador. She is a doctor and I am a British born Nurse.

I currently live with my mum, pay no rent as I am her carer and there is no overcrowding issue, permission from mum and also council for my wife to stay here.

I still do occasional temp shifts at hospital when they need cover, so have some income and also the carers allowance weekly.

We also have savings of approximately £16,000 going back 6 months.

When calculating the maintenance requirement I am seeing that I need to show £133.30 for couple over 18.

I am sure I will meet this with combination of our joint savings and payslips from the last 6 months.

My question is, how does the carer allowance of ££76 come into play? Can I add that to my weekly income ?

Also what is the carer premium of £42.75 in this page ? Is that another £42.75 that I will have to add to the £133.30? Meaning I have to show weekly £176.05?

Just slightly confused as to how much it is that they want me to show as weekly income.

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/resources/ ... me_support

Thanks for any help.