ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUTR1A the insane process. Anyone has any information for me ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

notme
Ireland

EUTR1A the insane process. Anyone has any information for me ?

Post by notme » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:16 pm

I sent my completed EUTR1A form 1 Sep 2023 with additional documents. Not sure if they were enough (there is no way of knowing also haha) but haven't received any acknowledgement from them no application number no person ID etc. My current permission is finishing on 2 December. What am I gonna do after that. I see people mention you could be in the state with a pending application but I dont have any acknowledgment or application number.
THOUGH on insisting they sent me an email saying that my application and documents was received on 3 Sep matching with Anpost delivery BUT this email doesnot have any identification like an acknowledgment number or even my name. This is weird because on 1 November, because there was only 1 month left for my IRP expire i contacted EUTR division to ask them what is happening and they told me "your application is in queue for processing next week" it is end of Nov and no response on this when I replied to their email about this they told me "Dont email us asking for updates as this delays the process for you and others. All applications are processed chronologically"
How do people stay sane with EUTR1A

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: EUTR1A the insane process. Anyone has any information for me ?

Post by sairsint » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:43 pm

I was left completely in the dark for my EUTR1. No acknowledgment, no application number, nothing. Even my stamp 4 had expired by the time I finally received their formal approval letter.

The only way I was able to receive any of the above information was through the TD that was querying them on behalf. Even after that update was provided to the TD, the treaty division claimed my application was recently processed and I’d have the formal letter in a couple of days. I waiting two additional weeks and nothing arrived, so I contacted them again and then it finally arrived a few days later.

It’s quite insane that they don’t have to provide any of this to the applicant as it could potentially negatively affect their employment, travel and other immigration-related issues.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:51 pm

I will contact the TD. What did you do after the Stamp 4 expired and you didnt formal letter about EUTR1 ?

This effects employment yes and the relationship itself

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:58 pm

notme wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:51 pm
I will contact the TD. What did you do after the Stamp 4 expired and you didnt formal letter about EUTR1 ?

This effects employment yes and the relationship itself
There was nothing I could do but wait. However that was my point to the TD… At least if the treaty division sent you an acknowledgement letter you could show that as some proof of having an application in process, but without it you can only wait.

I’m sure if you explain to your employer (assuming they are asking you) as it can be explained. If they aren’t asking I would leave it and wait.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:02 pm

Insane!!!! yours was EUTR1 i.e. for marriage it should not have taken that long for you.

I am writing an email to my TD now I hope it helps. I dont want to be without permission in between.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:10 pm

EUTR1A is a permitted family member, not qualified, so there's less levy on that. They don't always give a temporary permission (or give a Stamp 3 one, without right to work) if your current one expires, judging by reports on this forum.

TD is the best option, most likely.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Mace_windu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mace_windu » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:49 am

What does TD mean. I'm also waiting for EUTR1 response.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:32 am

Mace_windu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:49 am
TD means Teachta Dála or Local Councillor . They are members of parliament. Some times sending complaints to your city/town/county TD office helps to escalate the case.

However you can also try to send complaints to your EU partner's country Solvit or EU commission if you have a strong case and provided all the necessary requirements.

EUTR via relationship especially if you and the EU citizen didn't move from another EU country is a roller-coaster in Ireland. Even with marriage couples they request for proof of relationship before marriage.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:44 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:32 am
Mace_windu wrote:
TD means Teachta Dála or Local Councillor . They are members of parliament. Some times sending complaints to your city/town/county TD office helps to escalate the case.

However you can also try to send complaints to your EU partner's country Solvit or EU commission if you have a strong case and provided all the necessary requirements.

EUTR via relationship especially if you and the EU citizen didn't move from another EU country is a roller-coaster in Ireland. Even with marriage couples they request for proof of relationship before marriage.
We didnt move here together. We met here in Ireland. They are EU citizen working in Ireland and I am non EU citizen (completed 5 years of reckonable residence already) working in Ireland.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:16 am

notme wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:44 pm
Angel99 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:32 am
Mace_windu wrote:

We didnt move here together. We met here in Ireland. They are EU citizen working in Ireland and I am non EU citizen (completed 5 years of reckonable residence already) working in Ireland.
I guess you haven't applied or not eligible for permanent residence yet. You are switching to Stamp 4 EUfam which I believe can be added to your previous reckonable residence and be eligible for permanent residency straight ahead.

In this case and since you both met in ireland, they need to check if your relationship is genuine or just to secure your stay. If you were married / had a permanent residence card / had moved with your partner from another EU country the case would be different.

EUTR via partnership, there is not much you can do unless contact your TD as mentioned or if you have a very strong evidence (lived with your partner for 2years and above) you can also contact her EU country's Solvit.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:24 am

Angel99 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:16 am
You are switching to Stamp 4 EUfam which I believe can be added to your previous reckonable residence and be eligible for permanent residency straight ahead.
Nope - EUFam stamps are not counted for long term residency combined with other stamps, as EUFam has their own path to permanent residence.
Eg stamp 5:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... s-to-time/
The following immigration stamps in your passport cannot be counted towards your Stamp 5 application:

Stamp 4 EuFam
OP would need 5 years of residency on 4EUFam to go for EU3. If OP was on a work permit for all 5 years, I don't know why didn't he go for LTR to just get Stamp 4 and be done with it.

Unless you mean citizenship application, of course. Then yes, all residence is counted.

Also we don't know OPs history - they theoretically could've studied in Ireland for 5 years, none of which is reckonable.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:41 am

I have been on Stamp 1G for the longest time due to covid I was stuck on it. Then stamp 1 CSEP a little shy on 2 years (so couldnt have applied for stamp 4 normally). Was let go from job. On citizenship calculator the number of days are counted. We have been living together for more than 3 and half years. I was told many times they dont give temporary stamp with working right because people include this on citizenship application.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:45 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:24 am
Angel99 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:16 am
You are switching to Stamp 4 EUfam which I believe can be added to your previous reckonable residence and be eligible for permanent residency straight ahead.
Nope - EUFam stamps are not counted for long term residency combined with other stamps, as EUFam has their own path to permanent residence.
Eg stamp 5:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... s-to-time/
The following immigration stamps in your passport cannot be counted towards your Stamp 5 application:

Stamp 4 EuFam
OP would need 5 years of residency on 4EUFam to go for EU3. If OP was on a work permit for all 5 years, I don't know why didn't he go for LTR to just get Stamp 4 and be done with it.

Unless you mean citizenship application, of course. Then yes, all residence is counted.

Also we don't know OPs history - they theoretically could've studied in Ireland for 5 years, none of which is reckonable.
I meant his residence will be counted towards legal stay so after he gets his stamp 4EUFAM he is on path to secured PR in the near future or he can addup as reckonable residence and apply for citizenship as you mentioned.